Soft Bag mounting

Guest Oliver

Guest Oliver

Hi there,

as you might know ... the other day I bought the "american" soft bags for the V11. I received the package and had a minor problem with attaching the mountings to the rear part of my Scura, due to missing instructions.

Are there any detailed pictures in the www ?

THX in advance for any help.

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

Hello Oliver,

I just wanted to remove the brackets this evening (I needed the bags this weekend on the MG Club Nederland meeting) so I made you some pictures:

tekno.jpg

Hope this helps you. When I mounted the brackets it was an easy job. B)

And as far that I've seen: the rear part of the Scura is the same as a Le Mans.

Good Luck!

Guest Oliver

WOW ... BELLISSIMO ... UNBELIEVABLE

24 Minutes between my posting and your response incl. photos !!!!

THX a lot ... yep that is a big help for me. Two things were confusing me. One thing was, does both ends of the mounting are screwed to the outside and the other point was, that I found two pieces of pipe in the package. Each one about 10 cm long and I didn't know where to put them.

It seems that our "systems" are bit different in this point. Anyway ... thanks again for your quick and brilliant answer.

BTW ... I love this forum :D

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany

:o ack! ...so where were you able to get your bags so quickly!?

I've had my semi-soft V11 bags on order with my dealer for 2 months, with no idea of status. I have a long-trip planned for early August, and am worried that I won't have bags in time.

Any help is appreciated for a source that has them in-stock.

thx!

al :rolleyes:

P.S. ...BTW, I almost had a heart-attack when I noticed that the frame attached to the rear of the mud-flap. I have just installed my fender-eliminator kit(which I'll post photos and a review of soon-enough)... and thought "oh no, now how am I going to mount the frame?!"... but then noticed which bolts the frame attaches to. I still have those! No problem... whew! :P

My dealer has them in stock, at least the last time I was there (last Saturday...) You can order them there, but I think shipping will be rather expensive...:(

TLM Nijmegen NL

They don't show them on their website but they are the same as I have. (See Accessories page)

Guest Guest

I don't know if we're talking about Tekno saddlebags. I purchased some with my Tenni before my trip to the UK.

After 3 weeks on the road, the seams along the zippers came undone on both saddlebags. :(

I tried to locate a Tekno web site with no success. If anyone can supply an address for Tekno, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Orson

Guest Oliver

Hi there,

@ Al

It is a bit complicated ... due to the fact that the bags are not sold officially in Germany, I ordered them via a friend in Virginia, he got the bags from his local dealer, who ordered the a Moto International.

Yes ... we guzzidriver are crazy :D

@ Jaap

Sorry to correct you ... the bags are shown on TLM's website. Check them out at Tekno bags at TLM and scroll down. You'll find the price, the partnumber and two pictures.

@ Guest

Up to now I couldn't find any information on the manufacturer in the www ... but I keep on searching ;)

Greetings from Hamburg. Germany

Guest Janusz

Please allow me to post my opinion about these saddlebags (tekno) since I have them on my bike since new.

At the same I'd like to introduce myself from Canadian west coast (Vancouver) since this is my first post. I hope I am not intruding since my bike is only a pedestrian V11 Sport but I have a little Stucci flyscreen so maybe that will help.

Having some experience with a few other soft bags on my previous bikes I can say that these semi rigid ones are really excellent. During my recent kamikadze trip of 2800 km around the mountains they held up pefectly, no flapping or handling problems even at insane (over 200 km/hr indicated) speeds. If anything they shave no more then 10-15 km/hr from the top speed. :)

The zippers tear off I would attribute to overloading perhaps. By the way I was never using their expansion feature as yet.

Hmmm...overloading may have been a factor although, in my opinion, they weren't severely overloaded...just filled completely. I did encounter rain several times during the 3 weeks but, I wouldn't think that would be a factor in the ripping seams.

They are easily repaired since, it's just a matter of sewing the seams back but, I was hoping to see if Tekno had some kind of warranty.

Orson

Hi Oliver,

:rolleyes: I found the manufacturer of the Tekno bags:

Dear Sirs,

further to your e-mail dated June 26th we inform you that Bags & Bike is the manufacturer of Tekno bags.

Please note that our range for Moto Guzzi is distributed in United States through the Company:

MOTO GUZZI NORTH AMERICA INC,

109 SMOKEHILL LANE, SUITE 190

WOODSTOCK, GA 30188

USA

TEL 001-678-2380902

FAX 001-678-2380904

Kind regards,

Paola Errani

Export sales dept.

Bags & Bike

Thanks! That site had some of the best photos and information on the bags that I have seen yet....

So, a couple questions for those already with the bags in-hand:

1) Do the V11 Tekno bags have the "fast click" system as illustrated on the website? If so, how well does it seem to work? If not, how do the bags attach, and how secure is it? ...can you lock them?

2) Also, by looking at the frame and "fast click" system in the photos, how well does the system keep the bags from sliding forward or backwards on the frame when loaded and during accelleration/braking/kicking-with-your-foot :rolleyes: ? Seriously... it looks in the photos that the wire frame is completely smooth, so I just wonder if the bag will slide fore and aft on the frame without much trouble, which I think would be a bad thing.... ?? ...or are they mounted very solidly once clicked on?

...oh, and one last thing. The website characterized the bags as "waterproof". Obviously they can't be 100% "waterproof" but has anyone had any experience with these bags in the rain yet? Do they have/need a weather cover to be water-resistent, or is the bag inherently water-tight by design?

thx!

al

Hi Al,

Short answer because I have to leave soon and my girlfriend is wining that I spend to much time behind the PC... :(

> Fast klick: works fine, easy attaching/taking off, secure with lock on inside of the bag.

> Sliding: tends to slide but can be easily helped with rolling black tape around the frame. (post picture when I have more time)

> Waterproof: haven't tested it yet (luckily) but an extra plastic bag inside is very handy. Your stuff stays dry and you can leave the bags locked on your bike.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Jaap (who has to leave the forum now if he wants to avoid domestic violence... :blink: )

Guest Janusz

The fast click system is excellent, not only it is very positive but you can lock it from inside with a key. The whole latch is made of high tech plastic probably stronger then steel but not rusting.

The sliding is totally prevented by using small stop screw designed to be adjustable for solo or with passenger. Very convenient and working perfectly. Sorry Jaap but you must have lost these and thats why you use jury rig tape instead.

I rode with these bags twice in a heavy at times rain during my latest trip. I can attest all my stuff was totally dry inside. The bags also wash very easily in your motel room just with warm water outside and dry very fast. It is hard to believe but these bags are totally, 100% waterproof or close to it. No comparison with any other soft bags I had before. As a matter of fact I would not even call them soft bags since they have a hard plastc liner inside. So really they are hard bags, expandable, easily detachable and covered with fabric for sealing and appearance.

Best bags I ever saw by a countrymile.