02 v11 relay problems

michaeljordan

Hello everyone. I have found this site due to the problems that I have had with my 02 lemans.

I bought the bike used, with just over 4k miles on it. Unfortunately, every problem discussed in the forum has happened to my bike. I have just replaced the shifter pawl spring, the boss and now it wont start.

I read about switching from the Siemens V23073 relays to the Bosch relays..but where do I find them? And what are the Bosch called? Are they all the same, just make sure the amps are the same?

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate all the info you guys give!

Michael

The other issues with not starting are do do with the interconected clutch/sidestand/neutral circuit. Any of these switches can fail, can be worked through normal trouble shooting to identify which is at fault, or the connector under the front left of the tank is a weekness (wiggle of bars sometimes fixes this one)

If it's not starting immediatly after doing the gearbox I would suspect the neutral light - is it working? Read the title :homer:

Mine refused to start this morning. I last rode it 9 days ago passing Noah on the inside, and has been left out since. It was blowing the 15A fuse. Diagnosed a sticky starter solidoid. Took the cover off and a couple of taps with a hammer and piece of wood, replaced fuse with a 20A (run out of 15s) and it started. Only have to replace the fuse to make sure that was the correct fix and not that I've a fault that pulls 15A but not 20A :(

Try a relay swap, one has a 5 pin but they are all swapable for the starting circuit.

If that doesn't cure it post up, exact symptons. The wiggly bar connectors would be my next favorie, or dowse the sidestand switch with penetrating fluid.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to "wiggle the bars" quite frequently to get my '02 LeMans to start otherwise a press of the start button yields nothing! All of my relays are original.

93076[/snapback]

This is typically the 'bullet' connectors on the leftt side of the frame under the front of the tank. This connection allows the clutch switch to activate the starter relay. "No clutch- no starter."

Have a look at post#2 from THIS THREAD.

I have to "wiggle the bars" quite frequently to get my '02 LeMans to start otherwise a press of the start button yields nothing! All of my relays are original.

93076[/snapback]

Hello Mate.

I have had the same problem last week. Living in NW florida yeilds me no dealer around for about 5 hrs. I consulted the knowledgable people on this site and I can tell you they are almost always right.

Your problem most likely is the bullet connectors under the tank. It takes about 1 hr at most to disassmble and reassymble everything. On this site you'll find a photo of the connectors you are looking for. I was fortunate enought to just have to grease them and tighten their connection.

As a saftey precaution, replace your relays under your seat with ones from either any car part store, (take in the old ones) or call or email Dan Prunuske dan@dpguzzi.com. He sells the correct ones for a really fair price.

Have you changed your pawl spring yet? That is another problem I recently experienced with my 02 V11 that happens to be really common with our bikes.

If you need one,....and you will...email me and I will look up the place in Missiouri that makes them for $12.00 and sends them to you ASAP. It beats waiting on Guzzi to get around to it.

Best of luck,

Michael Jordan.

And look at www.dpguzzi.com

• 1 month later...