''talk of torque''

g.forrest

had a test ride today on a yamaha MT-01 . 1700cc of pure grunt. i was quite impressed a big vtwin but little to none vibration,handled well good suspension and a very comfortable ride position. fitted with remus aftermaket exhaust system it had an awesome sound and you don't need to use many revs redlined 5500 but you don't need over 4000 so if yas get the oppertunity try the beast. :thumbsup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad
had a test ride today on a yamaha MT-01 . 1700cc of pure grunt. i was quite impressed a big vtwin but little to none vibration,handled well good suspension and a very comfortable ride position. fitted with remus aftermaket exhaust system it had an awesome sound and you don't need to use many revs redlined 5500 but you don't need over 4000 so if yas get the oppertunity try the beast. :thumbsup:

91994[/snapback]

"No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp when they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-)"

"No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp when they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-)"

92001[/snapback]

:o Where have i heard that before :P:P

91994[/snapback]

my brain says yes to the concept, but my heart says no. its NOT pretty is it? it looks like they've strapped a motorcycle saddle on top of a Sherman tank.

might get used to it though...

91994[/snapback]

But did you have to be concerned with bridge weight limits and such?

waspp :P

I like the concept alot. Unfortunately, in my eye anyways [beatuy is indeed in the eye of the beholder] this particular bike is not attractive. The fuel tank area, is looks weird. The headlight, I'm sorry but, geez!

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Nogbad

It's been beaten with the biggest ugly stick they could find.

Also the MT-01 is waaaay too expensive for what it is. I bet my Buell is lighter and faster too.

It's been beaten with the biggest ugly stick they could find.

Also the MT-01 is waaaay too expensive for what it is. I bet my Buell is lighter and faster too.

92030[/snapback]

The irony being, that Yamaha could easily build a world-beater sporting V2: can you imagine a 1000+cc V2 engine w/ a stacked shaft tranny like in the R1, w/ a pair of their 5-valve OHC heads & some fancy EXUP plumbing? And you know it would handle.

Heck, if they'd just give me a pair of their current gen XT660 engines & a CNC machining center & a couple of 1 cubic foot blocks of aluminum, I'd figure out how to make my own cases & build the durn thing myself!

:grin:

Hmm, Yamaha USA is just up the road in Brea? Tustin? [dang it, now I'm going to have to go look that up! Moo dammit! Moo, I say! Blasted mad cow disease... :homer: ] Anyway, maybe I should just trip up the road & stuff their suggestion box, camp out on the doorstep of the Product Research team and otherwise make a nuisance of myself?

Nah. It's all wasted effort, & why would I want to waste my time doing that when I could be out riding a machine that already exceeds my (very limited!) capabilities?

:thumbsup:

:mg:

Guest Nogbad
Sorry but as far I as I know this is a big twin!! All else pales in comparison!

rrfulls.jpg

92076[/snapback]

What is that? A boat anchor?

well, the same engine as the mt01, is used by Over racing. from japan. The owner,

Kensi Sato has this as a project. He tries to get it as fast to be allowed to get it qualified for the 8 hours suzuka race. Now it's 120 hp 157Nm , 209 kg.

In Assen it didnt qualify in 2004 for the Sound of Thunder, to slow.

DSC01332.JPG

DSC01337.JPG

Sorry but as far I as I know this is a big twin!! All else pales in comparison!

rrfulls.jpg

92076[/snapback]

Actually it's the 2 end cylinders sawed off a Rolls Merlin V12. He found this engine in his property in the outback of Australia, from some crashed plane. It's got a Holden car 3 speed gearbox.

Ciao, Steve G.