''talk of torque''

g.forrest

had a test ride today on a yamaha MT-01 . 1700cc of pure grunt. i was quite impressed a big vtwin but little to none vibration,handled well good suspension and a very comfortable ride position. fitted with remus aftermaket exhaust system it had an awesome sound and you don't need to use many revs redlined 5500 but you don't need over 4000 so if yas get the oppertunity try the beast. :thumbsup:

91994[/snapback]

bike did a comparo of this and the super duek awhile back, they liked the MT well enough but said it was lunky heavy and over priced, they did say it handled well for what it was but were really impressed with the SupaDuke besides the 75mi tank range. I'd be fine with that tho. I usually only go 100mi in a sitting, I'll doo 300 miles in a day sometimes but not at once. :bike: I know not much but I want it to be fun not work to show off how many miles I did today

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare to 9KG lighter, more revvvvy Breva 1100

ENGINE        
 	Type    	90° V-Twin, four-stroke
 	Cooling system    	Air cooled
 	Displacement    	1,064 cc
 	Bore and stroke    	3.6” x 3.15” (92 mm x 80 mm)
 	Compression ratio    	9,8 : 1
 	Timing system    	Two overhead valves operated by light alloy push-rods and rockers;
exhaust valve maximum lift: 106° B.T.D.C. of overlap inlet valve maximum lift: 104° A.T.D.C. of overlap
 	Maximum power    	63 KW (86 CV) at 7,800 rpm
 	Maximum torque    	86.5 Nm at 6,000 rpm
 	Fuel system    	Weber-Marelli electronic fuel injection with stepper motor control
 	Starting system    	Electric
 	Ingition    	Inductive discharge, digitally controlled, electronic twin spark ignition
 	Exhaust system    	Stainless steel, 2 in 1, with three way catalyser and Lambda probe
oxygen sensor

TRANSMISSION      
 	Gear    	6 speed
 	Internal ratios    	1^ 17/38 = 1 : 2.235
2^ 20/34 = 1 : 1.700
3^ 23/31 = 1 : 1.347
4^ 26/29 = 1 : 1.115
5^ 31/30 = 1 : 0.967
6^ 29/25 = 1 : 0.862
 	Lubrication    	Splash
 	Primary drive    	Helical gears, ratio 26/35 = 1 : 1.458
 	Final drive    	CA.R.C. Compact Reactive Shaft Drive; double universal joint with floating bevel gear, ratio 12/44 = 1 : 3.667
 	Clutch    	Dry

CHASSIS      
 	Frame    	Double cradle, in high tensile strenght tubular steel
 	Wheelbase    	58.86” (1,495 mm)
 	Trail    	4.7” (120 mm)
 	Rake    	25°30’
 	Steering angle    	32°
 	Front suspension    	Telescopic hydraulic fork with Ø 45 mm, preload adjustable
 	Front wheel travel    	4.7” (120 mm)
 	Rear suspension    	Single arm suspension progressive linkage, rear shock absorber
adjustable in rebound and pre-load (hydraulic)
 	Rear wheel travel    	5.5” (140 mm)
 	Front brake    	Twin Ø 12.6” (320 mm) stainless steel floating discs, four piston calipers
 	Rear brake    	Single Ø 11.1” (282 mm) steel disc, two piston caliper
 	Wheels    	three spokes light alloy wheels, gravity casting
 	Front wheel
Rear wheel
Front tyre
Rear tyre    	3.50” x 17”
5.50” x 17”
120/70 ZR17”
180/55 ZR17”

ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT      
 	Battery    	12 V – 18 Ah
 	Voltage    	12 V
 	Alternator    	12 V – 540 W
 	DIMENSIONS      
 	Length    	86.4” (2,195 mm)
 	Width    	34.25” (870 mm)
 	Height    	44.3” (1,125 mm)
 	Seat height    	31.5” (800 mm)
 	Ground clearance    	7.3” (185 mm)
 	Front footrest height    	14.8” (377 mm)
 	Dry weight    	509 lbs (231 kg)
 	Fuel tank capacity    	6.1 gallons (23 liters)
 	Reserve    	1 gallons (4 liters)

Colors    	Black, Red, Gray

MSRP    	$12,490
* Technical specifications of Breva 1100 may change without notice.

ENGINE/IGNITION/TRANSMISSION
Type  4-stroke, OHV, 4-valve, air-cooled, V-twin
Displacement - (cc)  1670
Bore Stroke - (mm)  97.0 × 113.0
Compression  8.4:1
Lubrication  Dry sump
Fuel Management  Electronic Fuel Injection
Ignition  T.C.I.
Starter  Electric
Fueltank - (L)  15
Oil Capacity - (L)  5
Transmission  5-speed
Final Transmission  Chain drive
CHASSIS
Length - (mm)  2185
Width - (mm)  790
Height - (mm)  1160
Seat Height - (mm)  825
Wheelbase - (mm)  1525
Clearance - (mm)  140
Dry Weight - (kg)  240
FRONT END
Suspension Front  Telescopic fork
Tyres Front  120/70 ZR17MC (58W)
Brakes Front  Dual disc
REAR END
Suspension Rear  Monocross
Tyres Rear  190/50 ZR17MC (73W)
Brakes Rear  Single disc

A motor that doesn't rev won't be much fun on a motorcycle.

92150[/snapback]

I have never tried a torquey bike like this, but I prefer the less revvvy Guzzi to a Ducati.

I like the idea of more power at lower revs, but I also like the exhileration of the power increasing as the revs increase, which the mt01 may be lacking.

mt016dw.jpg

much better exhaust than a Griso, but other-wise the Griso was spared some of the ugly stick bashing...I like them both :grin:

:lol::lol::lol:

"No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp when they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-)"

92001[/snapback]

"No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by uuery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp uuhen they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Euuen the Swedish uuikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-)"

92001[/snapback]

Maybe if we me make racist comments about all the Motorcycle Making Nations, I won't get tied in a knot.

So how about:

No i dont use Suuedish industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people. For example there is this story about, "the swede who was building himself a house. One of his friends came by and asked why the heck he threw away every second nail? "They have the nail-head in the wrong end", the man replied. His friend became furious with him and shouted, "How stupid can you get? Don't you realize that those nails were made to be used on the other side of the house???"

Can't believe I wasted $2000 on a pair of Ohlins forks...the darn things are upside down :angry:

:P

Or how about:

No i dont use british industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is walking to and from the pub. When it is time to eat they have the worse cuisine in all of Europe.When they drink beer they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they serve it at room temperature and it is considered good manners to be loud and obnoxious when they drink it.All there industrial development is sent overseas to countries where they can exploit people.Ewen the Suuedish wikings thousands of years ago paid fair wages for the makers of imported goods.

Or how about:

No i dont use Italian industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is football and they always lose the World Cup.When they drink beer, it is crap...They should stick to wine and al dente pasta. All there industrial development is twenty years behind civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swiss watchmakers are more technically evolved!!! You won't catch me on one of their Moto Mussolinis!!! :mg: But atleast they have good food :-)

Or how about:

No i dont use Amårican industrial products, especially the Harley's that Nog likes that suck compared to the MT-01, because i think the Harleys are made by very limited people.There favorite sport is watching "NFL Football" and when it is time to eat they microwave their dinners, pop open a PBR(Pseudo Beer Rinse), that is only palatable with large amounts of salted junk food.they drink the PBR as cool as possible so they can't taste it...It is considered good manners to blast their Rush Limbaugh AM radio shows over their picket fences. All there industrial development is protected by armies of lawyers as is "their" oil in Persia that is protected by armies of brutal corporate thugs.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.

:lol::lol::lol:

Anymore to add?

How about Deutschland,France,Netherlands,Canada? :nl:

:2c: those damn swedes stole the concept of a motorised saw from the germans.produced a car called volvo which was the most feared thing on the road by motorcyclists for many years [pre camry] have never produced a descent road bike only dirt squirts that self destruct and can't win world titles. the're so backward they still have a monarchy! and there most famed contemporary resident [ghost rider] rode suzukis. and whats a husk-varna. :huh2:

and whats a husk-varna. :huh2:

92168[/snapback]

Så Vidt Jeg Husker(As far as I can remember) it is a chain saw with springs, wheels and handlebars, but it might be a band from Minnesota? Or is that husker-doodoo?

Guest Nogbad

Why is it that Political Correctness is always in inverse proportion to humour and logic and direct proportion to victimhood and psychological insecurity?

and whats a husk-varna. :huh2:

92168[/snapback]

An Husqvarna is a "small ring" Mauser bolt-action rifle built under license, chambered for the 6.5mm Swedish cartridge. Slick shooters, and more accurate at 1000yds w/ 139gr SP than an M1a/M14 shooting 308Win 150gr ball [due to the 6.5Swede still being supersonic at that range, while the 308 bobo* has fallen to transsonic speeds...]

Any other questions?

;)

* - technical term used by all the top-notch ballisticians. Really. You can trust me, I'm not like the rest! We're from the government & we're here to help...

:nerd:

Why is it that Political Correctness is always in inverse proportion to humour and logic and direct proportion to victimhood and psychological insecurity?

92179[/snapback]

'Cause the poor, politically incorrect schlubs had parents who loved'em enough to beat them when they did wrong as children, inculcating the facts that life is filled with pain, so laugh when you can.

The Politically Correct, however, had passive, uncaring parents who relied upon the school systems to raise their kids for them, so got lots of timeouts & never learned that sometime living life is worth the licking you'll get later...

;)

Anyway, that's my philosophy & I'm sticking with it!

:lol:

Guest Nogbad
'Cause the poor, politically incorrect schlubs had parents who loved'em enough to beat them when they did wrong as children, inculcating the facts that life is filled with pain, so laugh when you can.

The Politically Correct, however, had passive, uncaring parents who relied upon the school systems to raise their kids for them, so got lots of timeouts & never learned that sometime living life is worth the licking you'll get later...

;)

Anyway, that's my philosophy & I'm sticking with it!

:lol:

92283[/snapback]

Hmmm. Explains a lot of what goes on in the GW thread for sure........