fitting Ohlin forks to 2000 V11??

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

post-453-1151930210_thumb.jpgto all you technical guys,

is it possible to fit the Ohlins off a latter V11, TO A 2000 model. :luigi:

Is it just a case of swapping various parts, or a complex nightmare of engineering spacers etc..

Paul

Guest PAULSMART

hmmmmm!!! right :( - I think I'll scrap that idea!!! and watch the telly instead...

Perhaps have standard forks revalved or something.

Ebay have 04 V11 Ohlins for sale here in UK, so an idea was sown, and now cancelled.

thanks Jaap,

Paul

hmmmmm!!! right  :( - I think I'll scrap that idea!!!  and watch the telly instead...

93964[/snapback]

I think that thread makes it look far more difficult than it is.

All you need is:

1)Fender from Guzzi with Ohlins (solid or hollow axle does not effect fender)

Paul M. mentioned this fender

http://www.motorradparts-lehner.de/

Kotflügel vorne Carbon

RSV001 102,00 €

2)Ducati 999 front hollow spindle/axle: ducati part number 819.1.043.1A

3)Ducati 999 spindle nut: 748.1.014.1A

4)Ducati 999 washer: 8000.70119

Or you could go with Guzzi equivalent axle parts...that the thread indicates may be cheaper.

5)One approximately ~104mm long spacer for the space between the bearings in the wheel

You will probably need measure the space between the bearing, add 0.5mm and hav a machinist cut a tube to exactly that length.

Your existing bearing spacer should be the right length, but the wrong Inner Diameter.

Spacer ID must be just a little more than 25mm...1inch ID is about perfect. Tubing should be hard enough not to distort under torque.

6)One bearing, 52x25x15mm == 6205 - 2rs_ (you might as well get two bearings, just to start fresh.

For me the process was easy because Mike Stewart bought and made everything I needed.

Guest PAULSMART

thanks

I hope you guys are right - I've placed my bid for them on ebay....................

Paul

Guest PAULSMART

Ah well lost out on ebay :huh2:

went for £353, so still a bargain I think.

Initially out bid by 'Pauldaytona' is this Paul Minnearat ebay user name?????

But we both lost out to a 'sniper' probably using last minute bid software. :bbblll:

I had already installed the ohlins in 'my mind' and they looked good..... :food:

Paul

• 2 months later...

If you want some new Ohilins then the German guy who bought all the V11 spares is selling them for about the equivalent of £900.

I am tremoving Helen's forks next week and taking them to Maxton- this is a clip from their email to me explaining what they are going to do:

We throw everything inside the forks away and start again with our own Maxton cartridges. This conversion also replaces the fork tops with out own Maxton forks tops that are adjustable for rebound damping and preload. The Maxton cartridges have rebound damping and compression damping in both legs and have springs fitted to suit you rider weight. The cartridge conversion costs £380.00 + V.A.T, this includes new forks seals. If you sent thee forks to us at the moment it would take about 2 to 3 weeks to convert the forks.

Its quite pricey but their reputation is excellent and I know from others who have had their forks modded by Maxton that Helen will be very pleased with the end result, and still quite a saving on Ohlins.

Guy

Yes omly it's mounted wrong, because you have the one from the rsv factory, it's to high at the back. So change the back mounting

I just got Ohlins for Billy Bob (from a Cafe Sport) and was thinking of usng an Aprilia fender. It looks as if the one from the 00-03 Mille R would fit perfectly. Is this correct?