Top Triple Clamp Removal

BrianG

OK...... I'm feeling a little dumb about this, now!

I have peeled about 100 various fasteners and brackets off the front of by 2000 V-11 Sport in order to get at the ignition switch fasteners which have apparently vibrated loose, leaving the switch floating about in the top clamp.

Having removed all of the top clamp fasteners and driven wedges into the 3 pinch joints, it still will not budge. This leaves the possibility of some fastener under the pretty little chrome center stem cover. This would be fine if it were apparent about how to remove that cover. :luigi:

Any hints? :huh2:

Just did this myself... the little cover comes off with a little pry from underneath, revealing a hex socket in that same cap..... comes right off afterward.

- Joe K

OK...... I'm feeling a little dumb about this, now!

I have peeled about 100 various fasteners and brackets off the front of by 2000 V-11 Sport in order to get at the ignition switch fasteners which have apparently vibrated loose, leaving the switch floating about in the top clamp.

Having removed all of the top clamp fasteners and driven wedges into the 3 pinch joints, it still will not budge.  This leaves the possibility of some fastener under the pretty little chrome center stem cover.  This would be fine if it were apparent about how to remove that cover. :luigi:

Any hints? :huh2:

94174[/snapback]

Acutally, to clarify a little, the little button cap in the center of that cap comes off, I inadvertantly sent a screwdriver through mine with a lovetap thinking (incorrectly) that it was made of metal... :D

- Joe