Sloppage sheet prototype?

pete roper

I have a V11 coming in in a couple of weeks for a service, with the owner's permission I'll whip the sump off and start work on designing a sloppage sheet if Greg doesn't get there first.

How many people would like one just out of interest?

Pete

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack

Put me down tentatively for 2. I'll firm it up before you get y'er template set.

EDIT: I'm firm on 2!

I have a V11 coming in in a couple of weeks for a service, with the owner's permission I'll whip the sump off and start work on designing a sloppage sheet if Greg doesn't get there first.

How many people would like one just out of interest?

Pete

Pete, if it works on a '97 sport i then I'm in. I know you've told me before the differences, but don't remember if the sport i and the V-11 sport were same or not for purposes of windage tray. If so, I'm in.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge any 'Broad Sump' model is going to be identical to any other. Unless there were some with different oil cooler plumbing, but i can't see how this would change stuff internally :huh2: .

As was said in the other thread I don't think we need anything particularly sophisticated, all it needs to do is stop the oil all heading south under hard acceleration, while I can't say for certain I don't think the cyclonic vortex idea holds water, i think it's purely rearward slop.

Pete

To the best of my knowledge any 'Broad Sump' model is going to be identical to any other. Unless there were some with different oil cooler plumbing, but i can't see how this would change stuff internally :huh2: .

As was said in the other thread I don't think we need anything particularly sophisticated, all it needs to do is stop the oil all heading south under hard acceleration, while I can't say for certain I don't think the cyclonic vortex idea holds water, i think it's purely rearward slop.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I'm in. No guarantees expected. I'm sure enough to risk it. Thank you. Let me know when payment is due.