Sloppage sheet prototype?

pete roper

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in also....didn't know your coming to VT if you need anything (like a bike to borrow for a spirited flogging up petersburg pass) let me know I live in eastern NY just west of Bennington VT. Seriously, if you need anything let me know.

waspp

Pete, if it works on a '97 sport i then I'm in.  I know you've told me before the differences, but don't remember if the sport i and the V-11 sport were same or not for purposes of windage tray.  If so, I'm in.

Thanks.

94956[/snapback]

It should work on a Sporti. After all, the one I made for Enzo was made using my Sporti engine guts as the pattern.

An interesting, if not slightly disturbing, thread. I'm a relative newcomer to Guzzis & this forum & have been very impressed with the breadth & depth of knowledge, wisdom & good natured banter on these pages.

I have a "new" '03 Ballabio which has been going very well to date (2,300km) with no sign of the dreaded flickering oil light. I probably don't ride hard enough for this to occur but after reading this & other similar threads, its clear to me that some sort of windage tray or baffle will greatly assist in preventing momentary oil starvation, thereby potentially prolonging the engine's life.

All this is a round about way of saying I'm also in for one your sloppage sheets, Pete. I'll be down your way visiting an acquaintance just outside Bungendore (an ex-Guzzi owner) in November & will drop in to see you, if that's OK.

Cheers

Tony

Guest ratchethack
while I can't say for certain I don't think the cyclonic vortex idea holds water, i think it's purely rearward slop. 

Well, since part of the inspiration for my dream/hallucination on the cyclonic vortex thing came from close observation thru the clear housing on my TrueHepa 12 amp Eureka with cyclonic action -- and there's no oil involved there whatsoever -- I'm sure y'er correct. . . . . . . . :blush:

This is greatly appreciated, Pete. :thumbsup:

I can make my own, but if you are putting up cash to get these made, I'll support the endeavor by buying one.

A template would save me a lot of work, I'd be willing to buy just the template if you are able to recover your setup costs through sales...

cheers,

Rj