Sloppage sheet prototype?

pete roper

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, I think pete can make a mint off of this, and I can't believe it took this long to figure out what the problem was, Maybe greg should get some commission for this whole deal.  :huh2:

:bier:

95042[/snapback]

Ben, when I did a run of plates for earlier bikes I made a bit of beer money, that's all. My intention is not to produce a 'Killing' for myself, to put it bluntly I don't think anybody does that. It's possible to make a moderate living out of Guzzi if you are totally dedicated and also carry other brands and pick and choose your work. I certainly don't make enough to keep body and soul together, (Never mind feed my family and keep a roof over our heads!) by running a business dedicated to Guzzis, I'm lucky, my wife, who is a lot smarter than me, earns the bickies. My business makes beer money and sometimes pays a few bills.

Whether people choose to believe it or not the reason I work on Guzzis is a.) because I can. b.) because I enjoy it. Sorting out problems like the oil pick-up exposure is fun and a bit of a challenge, that's why I'll be doing it.

I'm very lucky that way. I don't want or need any of the accoutrements od *material* success. I'm more than happy with what I have which is a modest house and a beach house with a small mortgage a few old motorbikes and a car. I don't have a 60 inch plasma screen TV or all the latests and greatest 'Lifestyle' accesories and Jude and I spend all of our *disposable* income on travel as that is what gives us the greatest pleasure.

I can assure you I won't be making a *mint* on this and if by any chance I do manage to sell a couple of hundred of 'em and make a couple of thousand dollars the profit will probably be given to Medicein Sans Frontieres next Christmas. I'm not trying to say I'm some sort of saint, far from it, it's just that I don't like to be seen as venal.

Pete

Pete, I am in for one too.

I would expect a prototpye or two in the process so please keep us posted as you proceed and get it right before you pull the trigger on the big run.

also, based on the 3 pages of "I want one too" responses, it is clear we all have nothing but respect for your wrenching and honest approach to community.

Pete, I am in for one too.

I would expect a prototpye ... please keep us posted ...before you pull the trigger on the big run.

also, based on the 3 pages of "I want one too" responses, it is clear we all have nothing but respect for your wrenching and honest approach to community.

95065[/snapback]

What he said: I'm in for one (w/ a desire for a copy of the template as well), definitely would enjoy a "process update" along the lines of your other writing on "engine teardown" & the like (you've a real knack for entertaining while you're teaching ol' Tenthumbs how to do it for himself! :thumbsup: ) - and that last bit about not doubting your sincerity & dedication, etc. well, I'm O.K. with that even tho' I know you're really out to take over the whole company, coopt V11LM as part of the advertising dept., & move the GMG down under! :grin:

:mg:

Look, I'm sorry about that last little outburst. It's just I've been having to put up with a bit of flack from someone on one of the other boards and it's shitting me to tears. At the end of the day I don't really give a stuff what people think but I just find it tedious to have a place where I like to spend time become a target of a 'Three minute hate' every couple of days. :bbblll::moon:

S'OK, I've had me meds now! :drink::mg::mg::mg:

Normal service can ow be resumed! :grin:

Pete

Don't let the odd troll get to you, Pete. <_>

You can't please all the folk all the time, and it is foolish to try. :huh2:

If they don't get a response from you they will soon move on and try and make somebody else's life a misery! :moon:

Hang in there, matey!

You are well appreciated here! :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

....You are well appreciated here!  :thumbsup: ...

DAMN RIGHT!!! You have nothing to justify - You're generous spirit is an example to us all. Ben was joking, I'm pretty sure. Like the wise Enzo say: many problems arise cos of a misunderstanding of other peoples' situation. Wh'appen to your UK visit this year???

Is stainless viable - just cos I like shiny tings...??? I'm more than happy to contribute to the beer fund over & above the cost.

KB :sun:

Stick me down for one too Pete.

Would it be possible to extend the side edge by a couple of inches,out under the dipstick hole and make a mounting for a bottle of whisky too?

And maybe a couple of aerodynamic spoilers to increase downforce?

And maybe a clip-on type of mounting to carry tools on the other side?

Come on Pete,a simple plate is waaay too easy. :P

pete, my post was all in good humor and wasn't meant to be taken in that way I apologise for the misconception there. Your efforts are definatly honorable. I don't think there is a single person that would even fault you if you made 100% profit because of your efforts here there and everywhere certianly justify it. So make'em for $20 and sell'em for $60 you deserve it. :drink: