*Thinking of selling my 1996 Sport 1100 * One Guzzisti's Dilema..

rocker59

With my upcoming move to Northern Virginia, I'm considering thinning the herd for a while. I'm going to have limited space in NoVa for storing motorcycles and have been planning on leaving the 1996 Sport 1100 here in Arkansas.

Problem is, I will be gone one to two years and during this time I will only be home in Arkansas to ride the bike occasionally. I looked at the odometer and it seems I've only ridden it about 2,500 miles in the last two years. Probably only 500 miles in 2006... :(

I sure hate to have it sitting alone in the garage gathering dust while I'm gone as I dearly love the bike and would like to see it taken care of. I'm just not going to be in a position to mess with it anytime soon...

Back in January, I bought a Nero Corsa because of the newer driveline, better comfort, and the ability to carry Hepco + Becker bags. I'll be taking the Nero Corsa with me to Northern Virginia. For the kind of riding that I do these days, having the bags is a big plus, especially 2-up on weekend rides, and riding to the new workplace during the week.

I also know that the Sport 1100 would not be at home in the heavy traffic and straighter roads around the metro D.C. area, that is why I'm considering leaving it here in Arkansas.

I'm not to thrilled about selling it, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea for now.

Here's what I'll be parting with:

*1996 Sport 1100. Guzzi Red. Approximately 23,000 miles. Purchased new by me in March 1997 at Motorcycles International here in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Upgrades include:

*Cast iron Brembo front brake rotors with aluminum carriers as seen on mid-90s Ducati 900SS.

*Brembo GP front brake master cylinder as seen on many Ducati race bikes.

*Keihin FCR41 carbs from SUDCO.

*K&N filter in the stock airbox.

*Full Staintune exhaust system with stainless cans.

*New dual Yuasa batteries installed within the last year.

*Bridgestone BT-014 tires with 50% tread depth.

Spares include:

*Extra set of OEM wheels.

*Extra rear bevel box, complete

*Extra set of Staintune Header pipes.

*Extra upper triple clamp.

*Extra plastic gauge housing.

*Extra pillion pad.

*Shop manual and Owner's manual.

There are some things that need attention on the bike, but it's in overall good condition. It looks good, runs well, and sounds great!

I thought I'd offer this to you folks here at Wildguzzi first, before considering listing it on Ebay.

$6,500.00 for everything.

I welcome any input and if you're serious about the bike, please PM me with any questions you may have...

38516940-M.jpg

46255436-M.jpg

23315332-M.jpg