v11 rack

pljks

First post here and may be going about this all wrong never mind I am looking for a Moto Guzzi

luggage rack for a V11 there is one shown th official site but I cant locate.

Sorry if this is off-topic or whatever am new to this and Moto Guzzis

You have several options for a luggage rack- there's the "Guzzi" luggage rack that might or might not be available from dealers (try Teo Lamers?), there's the Stucchi rack that looks pretty similar to the Guzzi rack (try Agostini?) or there is the Ventura rack system and I can't tell you who to ask about that. The first two options look great, but are small. The Ventura looks industrially ugly, but holds a metric ton.

First post here and may be going about this all wrong never mind I am looking for a Moto Guzzi

luggage rack for a V11 there is one shown th official site but I cant locate.

Sorry if this is off-topic or whatever am new to this and Moto Guzzis

Try corsaitaliana they advertise the "guzzi" rack on there website, as well as a couple of others. :thumbsup:

Gary :mg:

I bought my guzzi rack off Inmoto in Croydon. It is small but depends what you want if for, it is handy for day trips but not much else.

I have the MG rack on my Scura.

It is small and I would rather not have anything on the bike as I think they all distract from the clean look but there is NO way to carry anything without one.

It is small but works very well within it's limits and is well made.

Keep an eye on the classifides here. I bought my Moto Guzzi rack (made by Stucchi) from one of our members. I'm very happy with it and it does a great job of hauling around those "extra" items on shopping trips around town. :thumbsup:

And I agree, they look great! Here it is on my Le Mans.

rack.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the MG rack on my Scura.

It is small and I would rather not have anything on the bike as I think they all distract from the clean look but there is NO way to carry anything without one.

It is small but works very well within it's limits and is well made.

There is one huge glaring flaw with the Moto Guzzi "official" rack (& no, I'm not talking the pricetag!): it is made of aluminum. Why is this problematic?

A steel rack won't weigh that much more than an aluminum rack of similar capacity, but it has one fabulous redeeming feature that cannot be matched by anything of aluminum or titanium: it's magnetic!

Sometimes steel isn't just the cheapest choice for materials, it's the best! ;)

Also, be careful that if you buy a rack from an individual/eBay, that it comes with the mounting plates! I scored my MG rack off ebay, but failed to realize that the necessary mounting equipment was more than minor couplings. I was thinking that I'd only need to scout for a few metric fasteners, but NOOOoooo, I need to fab up some plates to mount the dang thing to! Unfortunately, nobody seems to have a picture of these *off* the bike (or even in situ, for that matter), to give me an idea of what/where to cut. (Yes, I've asked...) I know this much; the front of the plates apparently fasten to the back of the passenger footrest hangers, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where/if such plates attach at the rear. So unless I break down & buy another complete kit to get some templates/instructions, I've got a very unique Xmas tree ornament... :grin:

Ride on!

:bike:

Guest ratchethack

Skeeve, why do you consider a non-magnetic rack a huge, glaring flaw?

Just asking. I've never found a way to take advantage of the ferrous content of my Stucchi rack. :huh2:

My dual-sport thumper has a rack I made out of a cut-down storm grate from Home Depot. It's made of PVC. Works like a champ. :huh2:

Skeeve, why do you consider a non-magnetic rack a huge, glaring flaw?

Because magnetic tank bags don't have to be exclusively used with tanks. In this case, the word "tank" is an adjective used to suggest a common use, but is by no means to be understood as the only such use possible... B)

Contemplate, if you will, the Guzzisto who has arrived at the enviable position of owning an example of this exotic breed, after having passed thru a lifetime of motorcycling upon (gasp!) other brands! Such an iconoclast is likely to have, somewhere along the line, managed to acquire a tank bag of the most convenient sort for use with that vast majority of motorcycles possessing fuel containers of the humble, yet eminently suitable material called "steel." Upon embarking upon that road apart which constitutes the ownership of a Moto Guzzi post-y2k spine frame, they would have discovered that they must, perforce, acquire some other type of tank bag, as the nylon fuel tanks of these machines are known to be entirely non-magnetic. Thus, they find themselves with a spare tank bag that they may, nevertheless, not wish to dispose of, for various reasons [not least of which might be their continued possessory interests in other, non-plastic-tanked motorcycles...]

;)

Guest Gary Cheek

Because magnetic tank bags don't have to be exclusively used with tanks. In this case, the word "tank" is an adjective used to suggest a common use, but is by no means to be understood as the only such use possible... B)

Contemplate, if you will, the Guzzisto who has arrived at the enviable position of owning an example of this exotic breed, after having passed thru a lifetime of motorcycling upon (gasp!) other brands! Such an iconoclast is likely to have, somewhere along the line, managed to acquire a tank bag of the most convenient sort for use with that vast majority of motorcycles possessing fuel containers of the humble, yet eminently suitable material called "steel." Upon embarking upon that road apart which constitutes the ownership of a Moto Guzzi post-y2k spine frame, they would have discovered that they must, perforce, acquire some other type of tank bag, as the nylon fuel tanks of these machines is known to be entirely non-magnetic. Thus, they find themselves with a spare tank bag that they may, nevertheless, not wish to dispose of, for various reasons [not least of which might be their continued possessory interests in other, non-plastic-tanked motorcycles...]

;)

So, II cut out a nice, light gage steel plate of minimal dimensions, secure it to the rack and PRESTO! all are happy.

I scored my MG rack off ebay, but failed to realize that the necessary mounting equipment was more than minor couplings. I was thinking that I'd only need to scout for a few metric fasteners, but NOOOoooo, I need to fab up some plates to mount the dang thing to! Unfortunately, nobody seems to have a picture of these *off* the bike (or even in situ, for that matter), to give me an idea of what/where to cut. (Yes, I've asked...) I know this much; the front of the plates apparently fasten to the back of the passenger footrest hangers, but for the life of me, I can't figure out where/if such plates attach at the rear. So unless I break down & buy another complete kit to get some templates/instructions, I've got a very unique Xmas tree ornament... :grin:

Ride on!

:bike:

Skeeve:

I've got a guzzi rack and adapter plates hanging on the garage wall. I could lend 'e to you if you want to copy them.

So, II cut out a nice, light gage steel plate of minimal dimensions, secure it to the rack and PRESTO! all are happy.

Pretty much so; that's my intended route if I can ever get the darn thing mounted...

;)

Skeeve:

I've got a guzzi rack and adapter plates hanging on the garage wall. I could lend 'e to you if you want to copy them.

Have I mentioned before what a paragon of virtue and kindness I consider you to be? Hmm, "St. Field" - I like the sound of that! First we'll have to get you beatified, which may present some problems, as I'm certain Enzo will misread that to be "beat on..." :grin:

I don't suppose you could lay the plates on some .10" or 1/4" graph paper and take some pics of'em to post for me? That might be a little more convenient than having to ship'em back & forth. Altho' it would provide an excellent excuse to ride up & copy'em, I don't think I can afford the gas or time just now... ;)

But in case I've sufficiently obscured the point: YES! I'd appreciate it very much...

:mg: