'04 Nero Corsa(Newbie)HELP- No Registration!!!!

rcono

Well, I finally got the bike here in California. Unfortunately, it was slightly damaged when it arrived but, insurance will take care of it. BTW, the people at Moto Italiano of San Jose are awsome! Great help, got me on the road this weekend and man....What a F**kin bike. I love it! Even when it's parked you can smell the garlic, basil and extra virgin olive oil wafting from that engine! What an experience.

Anyway, went to the DMV to get it registered with all the right papers and they couldn't find the emission sticker on the bike. Looked everywhere for it. Since I couldn't register it I finally went home and called my friend that I bought the bike from in Georgia. He got in touch with the dealer that he bought it from and they indicated that the emission sticker was only needed in California. So it never had one. I did find out however, that if you have 7,500 miles on the bike, it doesn't need the sticker. I know, I know.... but the bike has only 5,000 miles on it and I'm concerned about getting stopped without a proper tag.

Question: Any suggestions? Should I take my chances until I get the 7,500 miles? Does anybody have any suggestions in getting a temporary tag? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm riding this bike now with the dealer (paper tag) on it but, am concerned how long I can keep this charade going till the 7,500 mark. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Thanks for any help anybody can offer. :notworthy:

Yes! The same exact thing happened to me. I bought my 03 Rosso Corsa in Louisiana and had it shipped to California. When I took it to the DMV we could not find the emission control sticker. I had to call Guzzi NA and they said it was on the right swingarm, kinda hidden under the stock exhaust can. I looked and Thank God, there it was : "Vehicle Emissions Control Information Engine Family Identification 3MGXC1.06KTC Displacement 1064cc" There follows a bunch of tune up specs ant then the grand finale, "This vehicle conforms to US EPA Regulations applicable to 2003 model year new motorcycles and is certified to 1.4 g/KM engine family exhaust emission standard in California" :vomit: Iwas able to take it back to my DMV and show the inspector...all was good.

Well thank god for me....but from what I understand is that every Guzzi imported into the US had this sticker, there is no California version. So, your bike had the sticker at one time, and because it's kinda ugly, it was probably removed. :homer:

Options include, running the bike up to 7500 miles, and avoiding Johhny Law, or navigating the emissions sticker black market....now, maybe there is some kind person who could carefully heat up a label on his or her 2004 bike, and flow it on to you......or maybe you could beg the shadows at Guzz NA for another sticker, or.....maybe you could print up a sticker.........well, I'm getting stupid here, sorry 'bout that.

Good luck, keep positive! The Bike is worth it, I love mine

:mg:

Andy

Ok....I'm going to just ride. Hell-2,500 miles. Maybe it's time for that Iron Butt Award. Not! But, I'm not going to complain. It's the best bike I've ever ridden. Awsome. And since the posting I've already put an additional 250 miles on her. 2,225 mi. to go! Keep on spinnin'...keep on spinnin'... :race: