Moto Guzzi 1200S

Alex-Corsa

I saw a dyno chart showing the 1200 Norge engine making about 75rwbhp, though Guzzi claim 95bhp at the crank.

I guess they have to exaggerate if it is to look closer in spec to the BMW 1200 tourer.

I am sure the 1200 motor will feel less pokey than a V11, but I guess Guzzi have to make it like it is because of the Eurocrats.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drknow

Hey guys, this is likely just a Breve treatment. Word is both the Griso and Breve 1100 will get the 1200 mills sooner than later. The sporty bike is likely something else. Oh god please make it look like the MGS-01...

Also, new 1200 mill is supposed to have very mild cams for emissions, and with pipes, better cams and remapping, I think it might be pretty spiffy.

dk

The sporty bike is likely something else. Oh god please make it look like the MGS-01...

a176.gif

Also, new 1200 mill is supposed to have very mild cams for emissions, and with pipes, better cams and remapping, I think it might be pretty spiffy.

dk

That's the ordinary procedure with all bikes I guess. c007.gif

Most importand is the 'correct' release

I thought that for just such reasons it had been settled long ago that the Cologne & Milan shows alternated years? What's up w/ that? Someone decide to break the truce, or do I just have it bass ackwards?

:wacko:

You have it right, they went away from the alternating year thing. Maybe it had something to do with somebody needing to book the new exposition hall in Milano :huh2:

I saw a dyno chart showing the 1200 Norge engine making about 75rwbhp, though Guzzi claim 95bhp at the crank.

I am sure the 1200 motor will feel less pokey than a V11, but I guess Guzzi have to make it like it is because of the Eurocrats.

When I was at Moto Guareschi, they had just received 3 Norges. I asked how the Norge power compared to my V11. He scrunched up his face and said something about "Euro-3 standards" strangling it.

I am with you, It doesn't look that great. It is like spaghetti without salt.

No panic gentleman... :D

The "artist impression" from Motociclismo look like a simple photoshop patchwork.

I guess (and i hope) the real bike will be different...

No panic gentleman... :D

The "artist impression" from Motociclismo look like a simple photoshop patchwork.

I guess (and i hope) the real bike will be different...

it may look different, may not. There were spy photos in there but they may have been of the development of the norge without all the fairing and bits. :huh2:

The question is, which parts this Euro 3 efects on these bikes ,? Is it on the fuel mapping or does it have to do also with cams, camsaft , and so on?. In other words , only electrical or the mechanical as well.? :huh2:

Euro 3 is both smog & noise; air-cooled bikes have a hard time meeting emissions, as well as noise, simply because they have to have looser tolerances between moving parts [think piston & cylinder] to prevent seizing once hot, as well as not having a water jacket round everything to quiet the engine noises. Accordingly, you can figure:

Redesigned cam [less valve overlap; think the old "CA spec" vs "49 state" cams in Evo H-Ds...]

Cat-cons in the mufflers [as all post-'02 v11s had...]

More restrictive airbox [to lessen intake noise during the drive-by sound tests]

More restrictive mufflers [same as above, but these are also heavier than less-restrictive mufflers...]

I know during the '90s, it was relatively easy to take a

:mg:

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the new sport on the assembly line in Mandelo

Interesting...that one's different from the rest. Check out the sportier rear wheel/tire and the left jug's valve cover...note how tall it is! Higher lift cam?? Pushrod FOUR valver??