Alpina spoked wheels

mdude

:helmet: Hi all, the definitive price of wire wheels kit of Rossopuro is 2200 Euro

First five kit was built in March and was all sell.

The colour available is Black,Metal Red,Gold and Silver.

Ya, the kit was expensive but is in fact a beautiful wheels kit.

I hope to buy one for my Tenni.

Ciao Giovanni :mg:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mattress

Just a bit curious...

How much weight could the average V11 shed if the rider stoped eating cheese burgers and drinking beer?

Two or maybe three lbs.?

More like 25!

:helmet: Hi all, the definitive price of wire wheels kit of Rossopuro is 2200 Euro

I love the look of these and have been anticipating their availability but damn, they just keep going up. At first they were projected around 1700 euros then 2400 dollars now 2200 euros. I wonder what the delivered price will be.

I sure hope they are lighter. I wouldn't make the move for even weight. The brembos are heavy. Last year I changed tires on my V11, my RT and a friend's Suzuki all in the same week. While I didn't put anything on a scale the Brembos were noticeably heavier. If the Alpinas weigh the same I'll opt for something else.

The price will come down for those who are willing to wait. This is how the free enterprise system works.

They sold the first five sets they made at the 2200 euro price. They will sell as many as they can at that price. When the orders stop coming in, the price will come down. They have to recover their tooling costs, so expect them to crank out as many wheels as it takes to start making a profit. :bike:

That's good logic, it really is. Unfortunately, I don't think this logic applies to limited production runs.

After decades of dealing in rare Euro machines I think it more likely that they will hold orders until there are enough for a first run, and after that, there may not ever be enough for a second. In this instance, Alpina is catching up on a year's backorders for wheels to fit common bikes. They will likely over-run the limited market Guzzi rims for a few straggling orders. Limited shelf stock will sell at the same, (or higher) price as the pre-order stock. You might get lucky, and catch the last set for a song, but not likely.

Just think Lester or Astralite.

So... is anyone in the states considering these??? The price is making me explore other alternatives, but I'm still on the fence. We may get break if several sets are ordered at once. I'm writing rossopuro to inquire about the weight of these beauties.

So... is anyone in the states considering these??? The price is making me explore other alternatives, but I'm still on the fence. We may get break if several sets are ordered at once. I'm writing rossopuro to inquire about the weight of these beauties.

My wife would KILL me if I bought those wheels, especially since I told her I was buying the Stelvio when it comes to the U.S. Would love to buy those wheels but could not justify the price.

My wife would KILL me if I bought those wheels, especially since I told her I was buying the Stelvio when it comes to the U.S. Would love to buy those wheels but could not justify the price.

The Stelvio is about 2 years away from release so don't get too excited I am afraid!

The Stelvio is about 2 years away from release so don't get too excited I am afraid!

According to reports, the Stelvio will be officially revealed at the dealer meeting in Nov. 07 and be released as an '08. So we may see it in the U.S. next spring/summer. If I have to wait until '09 then that's fine, I plan on being in Colorado in '08 so I'll buy the Husky TE 610 then the Stelvio in '09. No worries either way.

I think they look great, but for that kind of money I want them to be almost as light as my OZ rims...

Weight is as important as looks to me as well. Have the OZ rims been durable? Any experience with other brands for the V11?

On Rossopuro's site today the price for the set is 1900 Euros. ($2500US) I wrote and asked about weight, rear wheel width and a price to the US including shipping & excluding VAT.

Will wait and see...