Alpina spoked wheels

mdude

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you Biggie! I don't find much of that appealing. My back hurts just looking at those clip ons!

Rj

Jeez,I nearly didn't recognise you Ryan.

You been touchin up your hair again? :D

It's probably just me,but that V11 looks like a right dogs breakfast. :(

The bike's been turned into a tarts handbag.No style at all :huh2:

Yup, I'm with you guys. Uglier than a mud fence.

I recently priced out a complete wheel/hub for another make of bike, and I have to tell you, this price is not that bad.

I would not ever go for that ugly red anodization. It would have to be silver gloss.

Ciao, Steve

It's probably just me,but that V11 looks like a right dogs breakfast. :(

The bike's been turned into a tarts handbag.No style at all :huh2:

:stupid::not:

I'm with you Biggie! I don't find much of that appealing. My back hurts just looking at those clip ons!

Rj

WTF?!?

Yup, I'm with you guys. Uglier than a mud fence.

I recently priced out a complete wheel/hub for another make of bike, and I have to tell you, this price is not that bad.

I would not ever go for that ugly red anodization. It would have to be silver gloss.

Ciao, Steve

:huh2:

...but yah, I'd probably go with silver anodization. :grin:

This is anyway an eye-catching!

Looks even better than Enzo's bike anyway... :bbblll:

How is the solution about the top speed of those wheels?

Could they get above the 200 km/h?

What I know, is that a time ago these wheels were not homologated because their stiffness!

That the wheels have the “shimmy”

This is anyway an eye-catching!

Looks even better than Enzo's bike anyway... :bbblll:

How is the solution about the top speed of those wheels?

Could they get above the 200 km/h?

What I know, is that a time ago these wheels were not homologated because their stiffness!

That the wheels have the “shimmy”

Good question.

Rossopuro's website says,

"La principale caratteristica del nuovo kit è il sistema per ruote tubeless A-System brevettato da Alpina. Grazie e a questa nuova tecnologia è possibile installare pneumatici tubeless sui cerchi a raggi, garantendo velocità superiori ai 180 km/h non consentite con pneumatici con camera d'aria."

Non capisco :huh2:

Does that mean you'd no longer be limited to 180km/h because you could use Z rated tubeless tires?

Or you'd be limited to 180km/h :(

Dave, it means this.

But I will say you, until now, there is nobody who can tell you, Rossopuro statement is right.

You have to prove it at your self.

Thanks Antonio :bier:

Yes, I suppose there is a reason motocrossers use spokes and GP racers use "mag" wheels.

Spoked will probably suck up pot holes better without denting, but won't be as rigid, which MAY cause problems at high speeds.

Did Alpina put heavier spokes on Guzzi wheels than they use on 150KG supermoto bikes?

I hope so.

I don't think I have heard Behr spoked tubeless wheel owners complain, but their wheels are pretty heavy, right?

On Rossopuro's site today the price for the set is 1900 Euros. ($2500US) I wrote and asked about weight, rear wheel width and a price to the US including shipping & excluding VAT.

Will wait and see...

Got a reply from Paolo today. The next stock of wheels won't be available until after April 10th. The price is 1900 + 90 euros for shipping - (2625.00)to the US.

Concerning weight he wrote:

"The weight is quite similar compared to the original wheels, the really improvement is on the lowering of the rotating bulk. you can follow this link to find more informations:

http://www.alpinaraggi.it/flash_content/it...uperm_naked.pdf "

Hmm... the old rotating bulk story. Is this to say these wheels carry their weight closer to the center? Also, does this mean that people who install these on their Ducatis or Aprilias are actually increasing the wheel weight?!? The fact that they weigh the same is disappointing.

I'd like to hear from Max Scura about the handling. Is there any noticeable difference?

Maybe his switch was all about cosmetics

Got a reply from Paolo today. The next stock of wheels won't be available until after April 10th. The price is 1900 + 90 euros for shipping - (2625.00)to the US.

Concerning weight he wrote:

"The weight is quite similar compared to the original wheels, the really improvement is on the lowering of the rotating bulk. you can follow this link to find more informations:

http://www.alpinaraggi.it/flash_content/it...uperm_naked.pdf "

Hmm... the old rotating bulk story. Is this to say these wheels carry their weight closer to the center? Also, does this mean that people who install these on their Ducatis or Aprilias are actually increasing the wheel weight?!? The fact that they weigh the same is disappointing.

I'd like to hear from Max Scura about the handling. Is there any noticeable difference?

Maybe his switch was all about cosmetics

Rotational Inertia is a big deal in motorcycle wheels. It is RoI which contributes to easy steering and better acceleration. Unsprung weight is what helps suspension performance.

A few years ago, Sportrider Magazine did a test on a bunch of OEM sportbike wheels. The lightest wheel was from Buell. It performed the worst in the Rotational Inertia test. Too much weight out by the rim with that big brake rotor...

Some supersport racers have gone back to 290mm and 300mm front rotors from the trendy 320mm rotors to combat Rotational Inertia.

Less Rotational Inertia is a good thing.

The fact that they weigh the same is disappointing.

I have to say that for the money, I'd go with some PVM wheels. The forged aluminium fronts weigh about 8.25 pounds, a four or five pound savings over the stockers... Not to mention the improved RoI, too...

PVM_10spokeduo.jpg