Alpina spoked wheels

mdude

Our bikes are so pigging heavy in the first place I think wheel buying is as much of a cosmetic excercise as anything.

I remember somebody taking his V11 to a weighbridge, and it was much much heavier than Guzzi claimed, even taking into account oil and fuel.

I am sure that lighter wheels like the PVM make a little difference in filckability, but at the end of the day it still a fat old slow heavy Guzzi, love them as we do.

Those PVMs do look lovely though :food:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the difference from the pvm frontwheel is very noticable. The rear not, ok it loweres the whole bike weight, but I didn't notice. But the wheels isn't the only thing I changed on the geometry. What a light frontwheel contributes, is that at speed, > 60 mph, it's much easier to correct/change the curve you make in corners. I had to get used to it, becuase you only have to think thtat way, and there it goes. Before you must think: ok now we are going to make an adjustment, lets go, and push the bike.

Less RoI?? Sounds like their sales pitch is grasping at straws. Like some of their other claims on the link - "Improving the puncture resistance" :huh2: "Coping with heavy impact stress" :huh2: "Reducing the tire wear" OK, but that is still a stretch!

I don't believe for a second that with all those SS spokes and *big* nipples that there is any REAL significant lowering of RoI. Waiting for independent testing...

They're trying to find *any* technical reason for someone to buy their wheels. There isn't one. This is a style mod only. Pure and simple.

Rj

the difference from the pvm frontwheel is very noticable.

:stupid: I have the OZ wheels and the first time I rode with those, I thought it was a different bike! It really was amazing how a few kilos less makes a difference.

Because of that the spoke wheels are not on my list anymore.

couple questions?

What's a cush drive(I'll probably google it, just thought I'd throw it in)?

Got a link to the PVM wheels and can you get them painted from the maker when ordered?

How much are we talking about for those wheels?

couple questions?

What's a cush drive(I'll probably google it, just thought I'd throw it in)?

Got a link to the PVM wheels and can you get them painted from the maker when ordered?

How much are we talking about for those wheels?

Your dreams can be answered here: http://www.ema-usa.com/wheels/wheels_PVM.shtml

Cush drive is common on most motorcycles today Basically, rubber is used in the wheel where it meets the final drive to cushion on/off throttle shocks to the driveline.

10-Y spoke PVM wheels for Guzzi run $2,395.00

13 colors available

Your dreams can be answered here: http://www.ema-usa.com/wheels/wheels_PVM.shtml

Cush drive is common on most motorcycles today Basically, rubber is used in the wheel where it meets the final drive to cushion on/off throttle shocks to the driveline.

10-Y spoke PVM wheels for Guzzi run $2,395.00

13 colors available

Here's the response I got form EMA on the subject of PVM wheels:

We do not stock wheels for the Moto Guzzi and the factory is not accepting special orders for the next 6 months due to their expansion project. The PVM wheels come with their own cush drive system, they do not use the OEM parts. If you want to check back after the summer they would be available in all of the current spoke designs.

Maybe one more season on the stockers :huh2: