!st sloppage sheet installed!

pete roper

Pete,

When are you coming up topside and what are your movements? Any chance of a plate or two coming with you? (One for the V11Sport motor in the Tonti and another for the Centauro).

Graham

People in the UK should get there order in ASAP (or likely pay higher shipping later)

Details on Pete visiting the UK September 6th with a suit case full of Motomoda sheets.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8725

Dave, as with my earlier plates I'll include full fitting instructions but a breif precis is;

Drain oil. Remove the ......... until oil light stays out when starter stops. Reinstall plugs and relay.

Double check everything is tight.

Go ride.

Pete

Uhhhh ........ could you repeat that? I missed part of it!

(Actually well said. I reckon I could get the job done following your instructions)

I wonder if tthe sloppage sheet will work for the MGS?

I wonder if tthe sloppage sheet will work for the MGS?

I haven't looked too closely at the MGS01, does it use the 'Broad Sump' like the V11 and Daytona RS/Sporti/Centauro? If so then the answer is almost certainly yes.

Pete

People in the UK should get there order in ASAP (or likely pay higher shipping later)

Details on Pete visiting the UK September 6th with a suit case full of Motomoda sheets.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8725

Well, yes, I hope so, In some ways at least. While my trip to the UK is NOT going to be pleasant as I'm going to have to speak some plain truths to my Mother and Brother which will make me about as popular as herpes the biggest issue is that my Mum in Law, who is a national treasure, is having big problems t the moment here.We aren't sure exactkly what the problem is yet, (She's going in for an MRI scan this afternoon.) but it's unlikely to be alstheimers and may be a brain tumor. If it is there is NO WAY I'm going to the UK.

Pete

I haven't looked too closely at the MGS01, does it use the 'Broad Sump' like the V11 and Daytona RS/Sporti/Centauro? If so then the answer is almost certainly yes.

Pete

Looks like I'll be needing at least 3 then for the North America run. Keep us posted for that round!!

Well, yes, I hope so, In some ways at least. While my trip to the UK is NOT going to be pleasant as I'm going to have to speak some plain truths to my Mother and Brother which will make me about as popular as herpes the biggest issue is that my Mum in Law, who is a national treasure, is having big problems t the moment here.We aren't sure exactkly what the problem is yet, (She's going in for an MRI scan this afternoon.) but it's unlikely to be alstheimers and may be a brain tumor. If it is there is NO WAY I'm going to the UK.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Not sure you received my earlier email message. Please include one for me, and advise shipping cost and method of payment, to Tymac Controls Corp., 127 Main Street, Franklin, New Jersey 07416. You can email me the info. at johnm@tymac.com

Of course, if you are traveling to my area, perhaps on your way to beautiful British Columbia, I would be happy to meet you over here. I'm fairly close to the New York airports, and would be glad to meet you there as well.

Thanks and regards,

John

Quick question, that I probably missed in prior posts :P

What is this current iteration made from, aluminum or stainless? Not that it matter much, but what does it weigh?

I ask about the material mostly because if aluminum, I would worry about stress failure(should I worry about that?) :huh2:

I am certainly interested in this though, as I flashed my oil light once before under hard acceleration, and then when I had the engine cases replaced and other work done, we found one of my mains scored.

Thanks!

Al

Hi Al, I didn't use aluminium for precisely that reason. Bruno Scola used to make plates out of 1mm alloy for earlier bikes and they were terribly fracture prone. Mine are made of 2mm stainless and weigh in at about 700 grams I think, (I weighed 'em yesterday to judge postage so I should remember :blush: ) While the stainless is heavier it won't rust and leave streaks down the sump, it won't fracture and lets be honest, if you want to loose 700 grams have a big sh!t before you go for a ride :grin: and no, I don't want to enter into a debate about the weight of faecal matter!

Pete