Had anyone done a mod on the kickstand

Guest jimjib

Maybe a diet? Just kidding. arh! arh!

I wish I could go fast enough to scrape. I scraped the stand only once and then shaved the rubber. But it is pretty clear that the front of the kickstand is next to touch and that if it does scrape it may catch on the road easily and cause an accident.

Also I imagine that JimJib's kickstand switch does not work anymore, in which case he is probably best to unscrew the actuator as it is likely to catch on the road. But don't go driving off with the stand down!!! Or replace the actuator with a 5mm nylon screw, with the head cut off. The nylon should be safer to grind without catching, than steel.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hyper

Jimjib, Now that I know you have a Scura ( nearly as nice as a rosso) it sheds new light on your problems. With your rear suspension being so stiff it would transfer more weight onto the front which will eat up your ground clearance. When you get your rear suspension done you will probably notice a totally different feeling from the front. When your at the suspension shop ask them to set up your sag front and rear as its a three person job. Tell us your impressions and your sag numbers. Thanks, Hyper

Guest jimjib

What do you mean...nearly, hehe.

I have a few frends that are suspension gods and they have been up and down this thing to no avail. I will post the numbers tomorrow...

Guest hyper

You are using up approx. half your suspension travel just sitting on your bike. Whoever recomended this to you, don't give him your business. Give us the name of the shop so we can avoid it.

Hyper

Guest hyper

The rear numbers for the spring tension are good but the front is pathetic. I had to add this second response because I didn't elaborate in the first response.

Guest Guest

Hmmm, the first measurements did not look too bad. 28mm front and 25mm rear, if my math is correct...Is it the static sag that is bad? I am new to this sag thing, and have never measured a bike in my life, but that does not seem to be to far off.

Guest hyper

For the last time, Sag should be between 30 to 35mm, bike only sag should be approx 10 to 15mm. There is some info on setting sag on this forum under "fork striction" and "suspension setting expierence". If this doesn't help email race tech . Go to their web site at www.racetech.com and you will find their email address and telephone number. Jimjib, get your buddies who are gods to tell them how to do it.

I am soooo confused..... :huh:

Front with rider 49mm static 21mm

Rear with rider 33mm static 8mm

That should mean that Jimjib is getting 28mm front sag and 25mm rear sag.

(49 - 21 = 28mm and 33 - 8 = 25mm)

Or do the 49 and 33 represent the sag that should be in the 30 - 35 range?

In which case the 49mm of sag would be tooo much.

Gods??? Hyper??? JimJib???

Guest jimjib

The front with the rider on board is 38 not 48...I wrote it down wrong. The front adjusters are all the way to the stiff position.