Moto Guzzi Lateral Bag Kit

pljks

Hi

As a very new Moto Guzzi owner I foolishly :) purchased some Moto Guzzi panniers (Moto Guzzi refer to them as a lateral bag kit) I now have them, bags look good but there are no instructions :( lots of bolts etc anyone know about this or can point me in the right direction?

This should pretty well show it. The back mounts are on the rear fender- there's two holes on it.

There is a rubber washer on the back (tire) side of the lower front mount.

They are nice bags; I like them although they are too small. For instance, a six-pack won't fit in them without taking it apart. And ice water leaks through the seams :bier:

bagmount.jpg

This should pretty well show it. The back mounts are on the rear fender- there's two holes on it.

There is a rubber washer on the back (tire) side of the lower front mount.

They are nice bags; I like them although they are too small. For instance, a six-pack won't fit in them without taking it apart. And ice water leaks through the seams :bier:

Hi, I have the same system on my Le Mans, and it fits perfectly, there should be pictures around in the forum, I'll make more detailed ones. Could it be due to the fact that yours is a 2000 V11 sport, slightly different frame from the later models?

by the way, this is the link to the topic where I posted some pictures

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...923&hl=bags

Guest Gary Cheek

Hi

As a very new Moto Guzzi owner I foolishly :) purchased some Moto Guzzi panniers (Moto Guzzi refer to them as a lateral bag kit) I now have them, bags look good but there are no instructions :( lots of bolts etc anyone know about this or can point me in the right direction?

I have the same ones as JRT is using. I shortened the spacers considerably to tuck the bags in. They support the weight better when mounted as closely to the bike as possible. One of the tabs on mine were broken right from the box! The weld looked like frozen goose shit! I took all of the tabs off and re-welded them. Now that I have the bags I wouldn't know what to do without them. You did the right thing in buying them.

Does anyone know where I can get a set?

Hi I started his topic initially but missed a couple of key points, sorry, the bike is a 1999 V11 Sport the panniers are genuine Moto Guzzi panniers hope this will clear up any questions.

Cheers