'02 Scura Noise!!

mznyc

Sure is.Did'nt have to get that one crack tested, there is about 4 others starting to.

So really, why can't someone, or some agency, with a bit of clout get MG to take this seriously?

Unless somebody else has already done this, I'll compile all the pictures on one webpage. I'd be grateful if folks could either send me pics or point me to their location on the web. Info / web addresses can be p.m.ed, e-mailed or just added to this thread.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So really, why can't someone, or some agency, with a bit of clout get MG to take this seriously?

Well they only made about 600 Scuras right? How many of the owners have already changed the clutch? How many of the bikes are wrecked & out of circulation? MG is twiddling their thumbs & riding the clock out on this issue. They just have to hope that nobody gets seriously hurt when one of those clutches explodes at speed.

I will reread the postings but I remember to have read in German forums that Guzzi actually replaces these clutches under warranty. They give people not another RAM thingy but instead one of the standard two diskers.

They also replace the broken Sachs shocks. This is fact at least in Germany.

Hubert

This is my flywheel and clutch after 24000km.

It looks as if the crack is the result of a casting flaw. Do you have a closer picture of the area where the crack begins, near the bolt holes?

Hubert

I will reread the postings but I remember to have read in German forums that Guzzi actually replaces these clutches under warranty.

Even if that is true, it's not really the answer, is it? Replacing a broken clutch under warranty :glare:

Shouldn't this be a recall, no matter what age the bike is?

Replacing a broken clutch under warranty :glare:

then it first has to break, what most will at last. Mark is at the right time. I don't see them make a recall. Unless some country security board make work of it. All I have seen crack just arround the bolt holes. Some do have cracks from center to the outside, mine had one quarter of the flywheel out.

Unless somebody else has already done this, I'll compile all the pictures on one webpage. I'd be grateful if folks could either send me pics or point me to their location on the web. Info / web addresses can be p.m.ed, e-mailed or just added to this thread.

BFG, I did collate some photos & sent em to MG customer services - just to register really. Didn't expect nowt - got nowt. Been meaning to follow it up but just ain't had the time. When I get a chance, will dig out what I got & talk w/you some more.

Best, Keith :sun:

Even if that is true, it's not really the answer, is it? Replacing a broken clutch under warranty :glare:

Sounds reaonable, of course!

Max,This is the original I would assume, as the bike only had 4000km on it when I bought it.

Thanks Mark,I thougt it was the RAM aftermarket kit by the writing....mine has 30000km more or less,it'time I change it...thanks again.

Should we start a registruy of Scura owners?

Mac has got one going. See here –

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=58708

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=70216

What about pinning the Registry somewhere?

:rolleyes:

I'd suggest the Tenni Forum,

though I'd settle for 24/7 or even F.A.Q.

:ninja:

Bikes with busted flywheels could be noted on it.

Once upon a time the failing springs would have been interesting too, but thankfully those days are over.

Burnt big ends are next, I'd wager.

I will reread the postings but I remember to have read in German forums that Guzzi actually replaces these clutches under warranty. They give people not another RAM thingy but instead one of the standard two diskers.

They also replace the broken Sachs shocks. This is fact at least in Germany.

Hubert

It looks as if the crack is the result of a casting flaw. Do you have a closer picture of the area where the crack begins, near the bolt holes?

Hubert

Yes Hubert,you can see the cracks starting around all the holes.