Guzzi's By The Sea

Dr Gil

It was mentioned in another topic that this event has received almost NO mention here on the V11 board. This post is to hopefully help correct that oversight.

GUZZI'S BY THE SEA

A Gathering of Eagles

When: Oct. 6th, 7th and 8th

Where: Doran Beach Campground, Bodega Bay, CA

Cost: $10 per night, per campsite, $10 non-camping weekend pass

BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything)

There are stores and restaurants near-by. There are restrooms, showers, paved parking, barbeques for grilling, a fire-pit for the Friday/Saturday night fires, picnic tables, etc. On site wood for the fire-pit and charcoal for the grilling...some condiments will be provided.

Please contact Don Van Zandt, MGNOC NorCal Rep at mowtow@earthlink.net (707) 557-5199 or (707) 246-9200 for more info.

Me, I'm planning on showing up mid-afternoon on Saturday after motoring down (route still undecided) from my home in Eureka, CA. Do some breakfast on Sunday and motor home.

Is there any schedule, or is this strictly informal show and tell? Most likely I'll show up 11'ish, hang till late afternoon and motor back home before too dark. Would very much like to ride a "Well-Sorted" LeMans with a fancy PCIII or remapped ECU, since I am near stock and considering the step. Hate to infer I trust my butt more than all the techno-wrench talk, but this may be true. As a Doctor, I am sure you respect that the butt (or there abouts) is the smartest muscle in the body: being able to distinguish between solid/liquid/gas - or is this more information than you need?

In exchange I can only offer a sample of the most-sweetest high-volume pipes in the entire-whole world. (some compensation for losing out on the recent MG Ti eBay bid). At San Rafael BMW last week. I started up to leave and notices a couple mechanics had come out of the shop to check on the noise. Presumed they were either expecting to minister CPR to a death-bed Beemer, or inform that I had some serious problem... Nope, they hung around smiling and said liked the sound.

I'll email Don van Zant and see if he'd care to post any schedule....

I'm going to try to get over there for the weekend. Probably show up Saturday in the AM, stay overnight, leave Sunday sometime. I just hope I can get away from here for a weekend... :huh2:

Had promised to post event schedule for Guzzi By the Sea. Got email from Don this morning. No formal schedule. Moto Mechannica in Santa Rosa may be bringing a new Griso and Breva on Saturday. I'd like to see a Griso up close. Just finished fall maintenance for the ride over, valves, filters and fluids. Forget the pipe's, all I hear now is the valve clatter. 5K miles and only one valve was off by 0.001. Heck, that's measurement error.

that's what I'm talking about here :D I'm going down Thursday if I can finish up these REPORTS! See you there :bike: I have a poker game Saturday night that I might want to leave for.....or not ,... still deciding on that one.. :P

I'll be heading down from my home up north in Eureka sometime in the A.M on Saturday morning. Oregon Al (from the Wildgoose board) will be spending the night here and we'll hopefully arrive mid-afternoon on Saturday. We're planning on coming straight down Hwy 101 to Santa Rosa then across on 12 (the most direct route) so we should make decent time. :race:

I've rented a room in Bodega Bay (hey, I'm just too old and too much of a wimp to be sleeping on the ground anymore) and will be there Saturday night. Hopefully we can get some sort of breakfast thing organized for Sunday morning and then I plan a more leisurely ride back home up Hwy 1. :bike:

The weather looks like it's going to give us a break. Partly cloudy with daytime temps in the mid to high 60's. :thumbsup:

ok forget me leaving Thursday.. crazy work.... Friday a.m. Might be able to stay over Saturday too as that seems the day/night to be there.....

Excellent!

I look forward to seeing you again Tom...nice for this newbie to see at least one familiar face at his FIRST EVER MOTO GUZZI EVENT!

I'm jazzed.

Well, I am depressed. I just got the Goose back on the road (found a used rear caliper) and I'm way up for a ride but I am free the following weekend and not this one. Damn :(

You guys have fun,

Lex

Well, I am depressed. I just got the Goose back on the road (found a used rear caliper) and I'm way up for a ride but I am free the following weekend and not this one. Damn :(

You guys have fun,

Lex

So, you are free for the EuroMotoFest in So-Cal !!!!

But I guess it is a long trip....

dlaing-- are you going? I'm totally up for this one.... trial loaded up my Beast tonight, greased my zerk fittings (!) and really lookig forward to talking with Dr. Gil, you (you show'n up?) and whoever else is there..... already found out Brenda will be there -- she rides a Centauro and puts MILES on the thing.. She's leaving Sunday for Utah salt flats (she rides)

I just returned home after attending NoCal (lo phat) Rally and must say it was a total delight!

This was my first ever Guzzi event and I was quite pleased to meet and put names to so many of my fellow NoCal Guzzistas. There were quite a few bikes in attendence but I was a bit dismayed at the lack of "sports" models (there were only a few and 3 of them were the same as my '02 champagne V11 Le Mans...one of them belonging to our fellow V11 forum member Lamedog). It was also cool to get to meet CIV11 and to see tomsp again (oh my, that centauro...wow!).

My wife has recently made noises about no longer wishing to ride her own bike so much and has actually raised the point of perhaps going two-up. While at first dismayed I realized this gives me the opportunity to perhaps purchase a SECOND GUZZI! So with all the MG touring bikes attending I took the opportunity to evaluate their "two-uppedness" or "potential side-car-ness" (I'm sure these aren't words but seem to work for me).

All in all, it was great fun, I spent too little time at the actual gathering but the weather was our friend and the ride to and from "Guzzi's By The Sea" could NOT be beat (really how many PERFECT motorcycle days do we actually see...the weather was not too hot, not too cold, wind at my back both ways, great company, bike ran wonderfully).

I WILL be back next year...with bells on.

This was me this AM after riding through a bit of deep fog and then having the sun break out just as I passed the school house and church from Hitchcock's "The Birds" in Bodega.

bodega.jpg

It was mentioned in another topic that this event has received almost NO mention here on the V11 board. This post is to hopefully help correct that oversight.

GUZZI'S BY THE SEA

A Gathering of Eagles

When: Oct. 6th, 7th and 8th

Where: Doran Beach Campground, Bodega Bay, CA

Cost: $10 per night, per campsite, $10 non-camping weekend pass

BYOE (Bring Your Own Everything)

There are stores and restaurants near-by. There are restrooms, showers, paved parking, barbeques for grilling, a fire-pit for the Friday/Saturday night fires, picnic tables, etc. On site wood for the fire-pit and charcoal for the grilling...some condiments will be provided.

Please contact Don Van Zandt, MGNOC NorCal Rep at mowtow@earthlink.net (707) 557-5199 or (707) 246-9200 for more info.

Me, I'm planning on showing up mid-afternoon on Saturday after motoring down (route still undecided) from my home in Eureka, CA. Do some breakfast on Sunday and motor home.

There is great riding in the Bodega Bay area. Wish I could make it.

Ciao, Steve G.