Up-swept exhaust

stucatz

New here, just purchased a 2000 V11.

Want to replace exhaust and wish to have the cans sweep up while retaining passenger footpegs. Can someone explain what is required as additional extensions etc...

Looking at Ferracci's , the low pipes.

Many Thanks

Guest ratchethack

Stucatz, this here's the "How To" Forum, where those who're dumb enuff to think they know explain 'How' to those who're smart enuff to know they don't. :lol: But no prob - maybe Jaap or Jason will move it.

Err, but then again, maybe not. I guess it's become another Q & A free-f'er all lately. Nevermind. :huh2:

I've got y'er same model Guzzi and y'er same Ferracci's - the oval carbons. They simply bolt onto the existing rear peg hangers and nothing could be more straightforward, no additional extensions or parts required.

If y'er after the full open exhaust effect, may I also recommend the Stucchi crossover, which opens up the torque spread in the midrange a little more by raising the notorious "dip" in the torque curve at 4500 RPM. It also gives greater depth to the sound -- but not at all in an obnoxious way, at least to my ear. :wub: If y'er considering this along with the FBF's, I'd do a search or 2 to get some Forum feedback, because the Stucchi crossover, while being a superb unit in its own right for many of the best of reasons, can be a bit of a barnacle-y thing to fit up properly. . . . . if you ask me how I know, I'll have to look up my extensive post on it from a few yrs back. :blush:

OK, here's the Full Monty: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=51522

I tihnk what he's actually asking is how to move the pipes up and away form the ground. Is that the effect you're after ?

If so you can get that by using the 1100 Sport rear passenger hangers instead of the V11 Sports.

I did that to mine. http://www.socal-guzzi.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?t=455 Check the bottom of the page, the last 3 pictures show my green V11.

In the 3rd last picture, you can see Val's Stock V11 and pipes so you can contrast that with the raised position that I now have on my own bike.

I tihnk what he's actually asking is how to move the pipes up and away form the ground. Is that the effect you're after ?

If so you can get that by using the 1100 Sport rear passenger hangers instead of the V11 Sports.

I did that to mine. http://www.socal-guzzi.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?t=455 Check the bottom of the page, the last 3 pictures show my green V11.

In the 3rd last picture, you can see Val's Stock V11 and pipes so you can contrast that with the raised position that I now have on my own bike.

Thanks Robbie, that is exactly what I was looking for and is it as simple as swapping passenger pegs? If so great I'll be looking into that.

" Mi scusi", for posting in this area

Yup it's super simple no bending of pipes, just swap the passenger hangers for a set from a Sport 1100i, it bolts right on.

I got mine from Moto International. I think they charged me 30 minutes of labour to get it all on.

A nice thing is that i don't grind my pipes now whereas Val with her stock position has already torn some chunks out of her right muffler from dragging it in corners.

Guest hkmouse

A nice thing is that i don't grind my pipes now whereas Val with her stock position has already torn some chunks out of her right muffler from dragging it in corners.

C'mon now, "chunks" is a bit superlative... :D