Upper Fairing for 2004 Ballabio

FalcoLion

I just got my hands on 04' V11 Ballabio w/2400 miles but the bike is missing an upper fairing completely (not even a hint). Its not that I like that fairing so I am not really missing it. I do want to have another Full upper fairing like on V11 LeMans but it seams that the instrument cluster is is different from V11 Sport / LeMans. Where V11 Sport / Lemans have the dash mounted to an upper triple clamp, V11 Ballabio has a mounting subframe mounted to a steering head stem and has a speedometer and the headlight mounted to the Subframe. The major difference is that headlight and speedometer moves together with the turning of the bars on V11 Sport and LeMans but stays straight on V11 Ballabio. I do not want to spend a fortune converting back to a clip-ons but I love the look of upper fairing of V11 LeMans.

I would love to have your suggestions on what can be done. Can I adopt V11 LeMans upper fairing? Will this fairing work Ballabio high rised bars? Also I would like to find a small belly pan that I saw on a few bikes in pictures. Please recommend.

Another question that I have is which brands still have pipes for these bikes. I checked LeoVince and BOS and both discontinued pipes for Guzzis

I also notice that many of you talk about crossover pipes from Mistral or some other brands. Can someone enlighten me on what is the difference between stock cross pipe and Mitral? Why is it better?

One more question is in regards to rear hugger. The bike that I got doesn't have a rear hugger and I was wondering if someone has either the stock one or does any company offers Carbon Fiber huggers?

All answers will be highly appreciated

You might want to check with Todd at MPH Cycles and see if some of my takeoff parts might help. I bought M4 pipes through them and they sound great. The Guzzi carbon hugger looked like shit. You may already have EdgeGuards installed on your bike. Take a look......

Wick

FalcoLion:

On the LeMans, I think the gauges swing with the bars, as on the V11 Sport. If you add on a LeMans fairing, you'll need you'll need the V11 Sport gauge plate, and the lower bracket to affix it to the triple clamp.

If you decide against a LeMans fairing, another option is to get V11 Sport headlight brackets, along with the gauge stuff, and convert it so the headlight swings with the bars. I did this, and moved the Ballabio/Coppa fairing back to swing with the bars. You lack the fairing, but you could get one or the carbon fairing for a V11 Sport, if you do not find a LeMans fairing.

As for exhaust, what type do you want: high or stock height? What material? Recommendations hinge on the answers. As for crossovers, I think the benefits do not justify the costs on the later V11s (like yours) with the crossover on the header pipes. We do sell them, though, for those who insist on having one. The primary benefit on these later machines, in my experience, is a deeper exhaust note. In my opinion, a centerstand nets far more utility for about the same money. I ride my bike everyday, though.

The shop I work at can get the carbon hugger and a carbon chin fairing. I warn you, though: they are not inexpensive.

As for brake and cluch levers: Ducati 916. The only ones better than the stockers are the CRG levers. My shop is one source of them. If your levers are trashed and you just want stock-type levers, we have aftermarket equivalents for about 1/4 the Guzzi price.

Pegs and footlevers: Are you OK with the stock height on the pegs? If so, you can get rubber pegs or slightly lower pegs from Buell or whomever. If you want an integrated set of controls that offer a significant comfort improvement, I can certify through extensive use that the Motobits controls fit the bill.

Guest Mattress

FalcoLion:

snip

As for exhaust, what type do you want: high or stock height? What material? Recommendations hinge on the answers. As for crossovers, I think the benefits do not justify the costs on the later V11s (like yours) with the crossover on the header pipes. We do sell them, though, for those who insist on having one. The primary benefit on these later machines, in my experience, is a deeper exhaust note. In my opinion, a centerstand nets far more utility for about the same money. I ride my bike everyday, though.

Does that mean the TLM centerstand will not fit with a Stucchi x-over? If so, bummer, cause I agree about the utility of a centerstand and it was part of my winter build plan.

Possible with mods? I work with a lot of talented trades folks.

Does that mean the TLM centerstand will not fit with a Stucchi x-over? If so, bummer, cause I agree about the utility of a centerstand and it was part of my winter build plan.

Possible with mods? I work with a lot of talented trades folks.

I don't know if it will work with the Stucchi. I have made it work with the very similar (some would say "copied") FBF crossover. All it took was a few strategic blows to the crossover with a ballpeen hammer. I recognize that most of you recoil in horror before the thought of taking a hammer to an expensive crossover, but hey, I really like centerstands, so I as willing to do what it took. If you want to do the guinea-pig work, I will take the stand back if it doesn't work out. All you'd risk is shipping.