new power commander maps for mistrals

dlaing

• 2 weeks later...

Just a correction.

I have the crossover that went to Vegas for the Dynotunning...

its not a stucchi..its a Mistral, and its for sale, if anyone is interested.

There was a mistake made as to the make of the crossover.

So the maps that are on the Powercommander site, are mistral cans w/stock crossover, and Mistral cans and Mistral crossover (not stucci).

cheers!!

-arbi

So, what is the difference between Stucci and Mistral crossovers then? Anybody please?

Somebody stated somewhere that aftermarket crossover actually robbed some power on the dyno as opposed to stock. I would have to dig out this from my notes but it did not make too much sense since stock apparently includes a xover muffler.

Guest JohnInNH

From what I have been told, and the dyno graphs, the Mistral x- pipe did not help the bike, and the Stucci did. I can not locate one, and 30 are on order ....... I can't wait!

Guest Guest_dlaing

Which is better is a matter of preference. The Mistral crossover has the best Mid Range power but loses a LOT of high end power. The Stucchi has better mid range power that stock, but not as quite as much mid range as the Mistral, but almost as much. The Stucchi does not appear to lose any high rpm power compared to stock, as the Mistral does. The stock crossover is the quietest and appears to have the best top end power, but it has a hole in the mid range power. See for yourself at http://manleycycle.com/Tech.htm Note that the hole in the mid range on the stock crossover seems to disappear with some mufflers. example v11eric's maxtreme, see dyno: http://www.dawebcity.com/fotoalbums/index/...1256bf300722ac0