New Guzzis for EICMA Milan

Guest Macio

You did answer my question.

But you also are right, you can buy this heated grips as an option.

I believe BWM can procure you a heated ass too.

:2c: When it is cold and you have to ride , put on a motorycle rain suit over what you wear.It keeps temp and no moisture and cold air passes through :grin: Guranteed.

I had to ride in the night once , in Germany going through (wild) forest with -1 deg envit temp and somewhat misty, outside I was wearing leather suit and inside just long sleeved underwear ,a Gericke long sleeve sweater and an STOP-air neck cloth. The moment I put over the rain coat (as I call it after ''the Bulletproof'')it did cope perfectly and kept temprature ok for the next 3 hours I rode. :thumbsup:

My goretex winter HG gloves also cope OK

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did answer my question.

But you also are right, you can buy this heated grips as an option.

I believe BWM can procure you a heated ass too.

Oh cool.Thanks,I'll have to check them out.

:2c: When it is cold and you have to ride , put on a motorycle rain suit over what you wear.It keeps temp and no moisture and cold air passes through :grin: Guranteed.

Alex,Ive tried all types of combinations.including what you describe.In my 30+ years riding in NEW YORK CITY,100s of thousands of miles under my iron butt,countless trips and tours of the US(BIG COUNTRY,LOTS OF CLIMATE CHANGES) and Europe ,I find the vests work the best in cold conditions(under40F).

Look this discussion has been about what each of us would like to see in the future for Guzzi.I didn't or wouldn't dare question or comment negativley on what other people would like or prefer.What purpose does this serve?Lets all throw in are suggestions and maybe MG will hear us and give us what we ALL want.Look the V11 and soon to be V12 are roadsters.Not track bikes.Does offering touring accessories for those who want them diminish the sporty-ness of the basic model?"You know,Guzzi shouldn't have offered a bikini fairing,tank/tail bags and higher bars on some of the models ,because thats what old men .Not ,TRUE ,Guzzi lovers".Bla ,bla,bla,,..BS

Thats what I ,and I'm sure most of us,love about them.Sporty ,realitvly comfortable and easy to work on,and oh,...SEXY!!!.I want to continue in this tradition,while also looking to the future and improving with each model.This is the only way Guzzi will be able to compete..To say "well the Guzzi electrical output is weak so dont use vests"is unacceptable to me.The new V12 have a 550 output alt,seemingly improved QC on the later Brevas.Steps in the right direction.Lets keep the pressure on them to produce a quality bike that has character.We all win.

Plus I dont want to go the way of Ducati now that their quality and service intervals have improved drastically!

:vomit:

PS I still want my V12 to look like a MGS!!

I like this thread & I believe someone @ :mg: monitors this website to see what we think about their company & its products. You know I really believe that they have been listening to our ideas over the years if you look at what they're doing with the bikes ie. more displacement better alternator etc. I dont really care for the looks of some of the bikes that they're coming out with but I do like that Griso & the 4valve heads coming with more power will move the bikes outta the showrooms. If they can make an MGS type bike with that new 4valve motor I believe they can actually become more mainstream again they will sell so many of them. That is if they can make them for around or under $15k

I like this thread & I believe someone @ :mg: monitors this website to see what we think about their company & its products. You know I really believe that they have been listening to our ideas over the years if you look at what they're doing with the bikes ie. more displacement better alternator etc. I dont really care for the looks of some of the bikes that they're coming out with but I do like that Griso & the 4valve heads coming with more power will move the bikes outta the showrooms. If they can make an MGS type bike with that new 4valve motor I believe they can actually become more mainstream again they will sell so many of them. That is if they can make them for around or under $15k

Simpatico!!!Brava!!

BMW's have less character than Guzzis, and that's all. The small difference is that BMW and Maserrati are in high performance area, Guzzi isn't (at the moment).

I think you hit the nail on the head-- BMW buyers don't place a premium on character, whereas Guzzi (and Maserati) buyers do. To illustrate:

maserati.jpg

bmw.jpg

The Italians get it; the Germans just don't. :whistle:

And yes, Guzzi is getting back into the performance game, for non-lc motors anyway. They'll have machines that will compete with BMW's boxers' performance within a year, two years max, wait and see.

They'll have machines that will compete with BMW's boxers' performance within a year, two years max, wait and see.

Well ,Guzzi had alread 8 years ago the V10 engine ready with 160+ crank PS, a power a 2cyl. bike haven"t dreamed of back then, and even now not out in the market.Problem is that policy of not further developing a bike like that , or around that.Though aroung 2008 there will be a sporty bike developed, if they don"t stop this time and do something with the new 8V motor.

As far as cars go I wouldn"t say that the BMW"s don"t get it, they have character , back wheel drive on most models plus they break too sometimes, i.e. their oil pumps.. :lol:

BMW was building airplane motors at a time Guzzi was just building 1&2 cylinder bikes, , besides they have this boxer motor sooo muh time around,so I think it is a respectfull historical marque.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure it has nice arse! Still not thinking of giving the monster for that?

I love my Monster- it is totally mad and more than fast enough for me. I would not buy a 1098 unless I had cash for another Duke- and that simply won't happen- but I need to ride one just to see what a 160bhp twin feels like.