V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

To be held at the Aultguish Inn, Ross-Shire, over the weekend of Friday 18th to Sunday 20th May 2007. Location details can be found here.

Please book direct with the Inn - quoting 'Motorcycle Weekend'.

Accommodation prices will range from £17.50 to £29.50 B&B per person per night.

aultguish-scotland.gif

The Aultguish Inn is situated right in the heart of the Highlands at the foot of Loch Glascarnoch on the A835 between Inverness and Ullapool.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fair haul up, but the 'heart of the highlands' – great. Better not miss the early ferry over, this time.

Any Buells this year, Chris?

I'll put the details on the Buell forum so we might have a few there. It is a fair distance away for most of us ** but the location looks brilliant and given good weather, it will be a great weekend.

** Martin :notworthy: will cover the distance before breakfast of course :D...

I went to work today and the first thing I did was pull up the duty list for next year so I could book leave for this. I knew my pattern would put me weekend off after nights so would need to book the Wednesday and Thursday night and Monday late shift off. So just check to make sure not too many people allready booked it off. Horror this is the weekend in the middle of two weeks Jury service I've got to do, so theres no chance of making it unless I get slung out. Perhaps if I make representations on day one that I don't need to hear the evidence that they must all be guilty. I hope we don't get a trial thats going to run beyond the fortnight as that could effect the Irish and German trips.

So have a good time and take loads of photos

Sorry Chris I think it will be just too far to do in a standard weekend :(

Sorry to read that you might not be able to make it Martin - it just won't be the same :(. We hope you can get something sorted out.

It'd be great to see you again, Guy and Helen. You're right about the location, it looks terrific. We just need some good weather to be able to enjoy the scenery :sun: and roads :bike:....

Jury...[can't go...]

What! Is there no justice?

No... is there too much justice?

Is this standard, ordinary person jury service, or something to do with the job? Any chance it could finish early?

I'm seriously looking at a possibility to come over.

Take a couple of days to get up there and a couple back, or maybe more, for a tour around?

What! Is there no justice?

No... is there too much justice?

Is this standard, ordinary person jury service, or something to do with the job? Any chance it could finish early?

This is standard ordinary person jury service. When I last was previously selected (lucky dip off the electoral roll) I was exempt/disqualified as a Police Officer. The rules have changed and that exemption no longer qualifies.

I was initially warned for a fortnight in August this year, given a months notice. It was when I'd booked time off work as school holiday and was no chance of rearranging our holiday. So I went for the deferral of service option, expecting to be called back in September. But no the fortnight commencing 14 May. There is no second deferral of service.

I can't see being discharged from service in the first week unless too many people have been called and they all turn up. There is no selection of jurors as in America. When they do the listings of the trials they have a rough idea how long they each will last so try and keep the Crown Courts fully booked. Witnesses get told their case is in fortnight commencing and often only get told the night before that it's being heard the next day. The danger is that get put on a long winded trial that lasts months :(

Civic duty - could be worse "The Draft"

• 4 weeks later...

Good news - there will be some Dutch Buell riders coming to the Scottish weekend. They've picked up the events list from our UK Buell forum and are planning a trip. If you can read Dutch (Antonio/Jaap :)) you can follow their plans on the Dutch Buell Forum

I've got the OK from my G/F (she is going to Alpe d'Huez for a cycling clinic) so I'm coming over!

I don't know yet which ferry to take (IJmuiden - Newcastle or Zeebrugge - Rosyth) Any suggestions?

Concerning the dutch Buellisti: I think I will ride alone, I prefer setting my own pace.

Just checked the Rosyth ferry: GBP 480,-- return ticket. That's EUR 750,-- !!! Bit too much... So it's going to be IJmuiden - Newcastle