V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

Guest Nogbad

Leave your ass home, just take with you some sense, like Bertie says :)

BTW, I am coming from Holland with my wife. The distance is maybe almost the same as yours.

Are you doing it in one hit?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you doing it in one hit?

My boat is Wednesday evening. I will hit GB (Newcastle) in the morning of Thursday.

From Newcastle to Altguish Inn in one rush, yes.

Okay, we will stop for gasoline, and eat/drink something but I will get there in the evening. I think from Newcastle until Glasgow non stop full throttle. From there we'll take it easy and ride as a couple of tourists. :P

We will be leaving late on Thursday after work so we will be overnighting in the Annandale Arms Hotel in Moffat- very pleasant it is too.

On the way back we will be riding back in one hit so will be leaving crack of dawn on the Sunday- last year I narrowly missed a deer at 6am near Fort William so I will have my eyes peeled for deers / polar bears / yetis etc.

My boat is Wednesday evening. I will hit GB (Newcastle) in the morning of Thursday.

From Newcastle to Altguish Inn in one rush, yes.

Okay, we will stop for gasoline, and eat/drink something but I will get there in the evening. I think from Newcastle until Glasgow non stop full throttle. From there we'll take it easy and ride as a couple of tourists. :P

Antonio, we're on the same boat! (pun not intended) However. I was planning to do the trip north in two days, arriving on Friday.

On the boat I'll buy you a drink since it is my birthday.

Jaap where you heading too on your first nite, I cannot get accomodation up at the rally so may pop up for the day, I'm in Edinburgh if any of you fancy meeting up before the trip north, would be good to meet you guys

We warmed up for the V11 rally by riding up to Ken Bridge in New Galloway this weekend.

Lovely setting for the campsite by a river, brilliant empty twisty roads, warm sunshine- what a great weekend!

I am hoping for more of the same next month!

Guy :helmet:

We will be leaving late on Thursday after work so we will be overnighting in the Annandale Arms Hotel in Moffat- very pleasant it is too.

On the way back we will be riding back in one hit so will be leaving crack of dawn on the Sunday- last year I narrowly missed a deer at 6am near Fort William so I will have my eyes peeled for deers / polar bears / yetis etc.

I will quote, don't forget this weasel. I hope the Scottish size is not that big as they are in Norway :glare:

What do you think I am, some kind of young survivalist masochistic nutah?

Seriously it will be great- May is Scotland's driest month, it's too early and too far east for serious midge problems and you can piss wherever you like!

Is there camping available cause I will come if there is. Scotland in May can be fantastic weather in fact it has been really great most of this week, went for an 80 mile jaunt today and was too hot!

Guest Nogbad

Seriously it will be great- May is Scotland's driest month, it's too early and too far east for serious midge problems and you can piss wherever you like!

Except that I lack all the necessary equipment. My youth has vanished into the mist of history long since. The old tent succumbed to mildew about 15 years ago. Are you suggesting I visit Millets with my credit card and spend a fortune on touring luggage???? :wacko::unsure::whistle: