V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

Just checked the Rosyth ferry: GBP 480,-- return ticket. That's EUR 750,-- !!! Bit too much... So it's going to be IJmuiden - Newcastle

Are you sure you put in the right detials Jaap, My mate and i are thinking of touring europe this summer :bike: if i get the time off and i was quoted about £175 for the rosyth ferry (1 person 1 bike sleeping in a reclining chair) are you needing a suite !! :grin:

Gary

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the OK from my G/F (she is going to Alpe d'Huez for a cycling clinic) so I'm coming over!

I don't know yet which ferry to take (IJmuiden - Newcastle or Zeebrugge - Rosyth) Any suggestions?

Concerning the dutch Buellisti: I think I will ride alone, I prefer setting my own pace.

Just checked the Rosyth ferry: GBP 480,-- return ticket. That's EUR 750,-- !!! Bit too much... So it's going to be IJmuiden - Newcastle

When Antonio & Denis came to the inaugural event I think they landed at Newcastle. From there to the rally should be do able easily in a days ride. Landing at Hull would be a bit more than that, Harwich or channel ports you would need an extra day to overnight in north of England or Scottish borders and still spend a lot of time on motorways :(

To get to the German V11 Treffen this year I opted for the Tunnel/Calais as opposed to Ferry/Hook just because the ferry got in too late in the day to comfortably make the rally by early evening. It's just the trade off with road/sea millage/time and costings.

If you do come in through the south you're welcome to overnight with me. I'm just over an hour from Harwich and Folkestone/Dover - Stevenage 30 miles north of London on the A1M . It's a shame that I won't be able to make it or you could have joined me on doing the RBR on the way

Are you sure you put in the right detials Jaap, My mate and i are thinking of touring europe this summer :bike: if i get the time off and i was quoted about £175 for the rosyth ferry (1 person 1 bike sleeping in a reclining chair) are you needing a suite !! :grin:

Gary

I'm a bit spoiled.... I really, really need a cabin with bathroom. :D

Seriously: chairs weren't an option anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the ferry to Newcastle. I leave on Wednesday 16th (my birthday, btw) and return from Newcastle Tuesday 22nd. That way I hope to have some time to check out some sites.

An eMail to the inn is also just out.

I'm really looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the last double room!! Will be overnighting in Moffat on the Thursday night and arriving at Aultguish Friday teatime, Guzzis permitting.

Lady at the Inn said the event was picking up nicely so I advise you to book now if you are think of going.

Look forward to seeing you guys up there!

Cheers

Guy :helmet:

Lady at the Inn said the event was picking up nicely so I advise you to book now if you are think of going.

I'm pleased about that, you just never know how successful these ideas will be... :huh2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

I've booked as well, I hope they have soft cushions as my arse will need it after that sort of distance..ouch :huh:

I'm in a bunk bed, sharing with someone else!, anybody else booked the cheap option? and do you snore! :grin:

Mal :helmet:

It's looking more unlikely for me. I'll have to chose between paying to go to Scotland or a visit to Vilnius, Lihuania, expenses paid.

It's a great pity as these short outings are so rare and the company is a great pleasure.

A wee skelp along the West Highlands coast with Guzzirider was one of the highlights of my 2006.

err... where is Lithuania anyway?

It's looking more unlikely for me. I'll have to chose between paying to go to Scotland or a visit to Vilnius, Lihuania, expenses paid.

It's a great pity as these short outings are so rare and the company is a great pleasure.

A wee skelp along the West Highlands coast with Guzzirider was one of the highlights of my 2006.

err... where is Lihuania anyway?

That's a shame BFG! Would have been good to have you along again. If you do decide to come, please set your alarm to go off before the ferry leaves!

• 1 month later...

Good news: There is a little chance to come visit Highlands with my wife and of course enjoy you guys at the rally.:bier::drink::wacko:

Probably we will get the route Amsterdam-Newcastle.

May 17 to May 20. The daughters get to go to Grammy and it’s not responsible to let them by her for more than a few days (too many candies).

I will post any further detail or development in here...