V11 Rally Scotland 18th to 20th May 2007

V11UK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt get to worked up about the weather forecast :bbblll: , the last few days here in aberdeen it is meant to have rained and apart from a few showers yesterday it has been really nice, just back from walking the dog and it is really warm, as Guy says in a earlier post just make sure you cover all contingencies (ie winter gloves). for what its worth i am not even taking waterproofs :sun: , hopefully bike back together tomorrow.

Gary

Oh and after looking at Helens bike, i better clean it as well :blush: .

An umbrella will probably get blown inside out in the gales!.

You're not doing much to encourage me!

I'm just laughing thinking about Antonio on his open topped bus sightseeing tour of the Highlands in the pouring rain!

If Antonionio wants to discover some nice place in the general area of Scotland – I would recommend taking a motorbike trip. I know it's a novel idea, but what do you think?

Ok I've booked. So who else is in the bunkhouse?

If you want your own room, Jockguzzi can't make it now, due to work committments.

I have his mobile if you want to speak to him about taking over his reservation.

Guy :helmet:

And here is a Scottish themed joke to get us all in the mood:

Teacher: "Good morning children, each Thursday we're going to have a

general knowledge quiz. The pupil who gets the answer right can have

Friday and Monday off and not come back to school until Tuesday."

Wee Jock (a typical Scottish twang) thinks, "Ya beautie.

Ah'm pure brilliant at ma general knowledge stuff. This is gonnae be

a dawdle, come ahead ya radge, a lang weekend fir me."

Teacher: "Right class , who can tell me who said: 'Don't ask what

your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?'

Wee Jock shoots up his hand, waving furiously in the air. Teacher

looking round picks Jeremy at the front.

Teacher: Yes, Jeremy."

Jeremy (in a very English accent): "Yes miss, the answer is J F Kennedy - inauguration speech 1960."

Teacher: "Very good Jeremy. You may stay off Friday and Monday and we will see you

back in class on Tuesday."

The next Thursday comes around, and Wee Jock is even more determined.

Teacher: "Who said. 'We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them in the air, we will fight them at sea. But we will never surrender?'"

Wee Jock's hand shoots up, arm stiff as a board, shouting "I know. I know. Me Miss, me Miss."

Teacher looking round and picks Timothy, sitting at the front: "Yes Timothy."

Timothy (In a very, very posh, English accent): "Yes miss, the answer is Winston Churchill, 1941 Battle of Britain speech."

Teacher: " Very good Timothy, you may stay off Friday and Monday and come back to class on Tuesday."

The following Thursday comes around and Wee Jock is hyper, he's been studying encyclopaedias all week and he's ready for anything that comes.

He's coiled in his wee chair, slavers dripping in anticipation.

Teacher: "Who said 'One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind'?"

Wee Jock's arm shoots straight in the air, he's standing on his seat, jumping up and down screaming, "Miss, me miss, meeeeee!"

Teacher looking round the class picks Rupert, sitting at the front: "Yes Rupert."

Rupert (In a frightfully, frightfully, ever so plummy English accent: "Yes miss, that was Neil Armstrong. 1969, The first moon landing."

Teacher: Very good Rupert. You may stay off Friday and Monday and come back into class on Tuesday."

Wee Jock loses the plot altogether, tips his desk and throws his wee chair at the wall. He starts screaming: "Where the f**K did all these English b*st*rds come from?"

Teacher looking round the class: "Who the hell said that?"

Wee Jock, grabs his coat and bag and heads for the door, "Bonnie Prince Charlie, Culloden, 1746. See yous on Tuesday."

Only two days to go :) and it's great to see that David is coming over from NI! Pity about the weather forecast, but that can change. Have a safe trip over, Jaap and Antonio - we'll see you Friday afternoon/evening at the hotel.

I'm busy with packing right now. Not easy if you have limited space and really, really need 4 clean pair of socks a day... :D

And I'm still in doubt what gear to wear; my Goretex suit or the leather suit/rainsuit. I already packed an extra set of gloves.

I'll let tomorrows weather decide.

And I'm still in doubt what gear to wear;

Well, the locals probably know what's best.

Tradition dictates something along these lines:

1408pipe1b.jpg

I've no time to sort out clothes, so probably won't bother with any.

Going to head towards Stirling, then get the A9 all the way until the A895. Not a very sexy route, but still pleasant enough and we will make good enough progress to get up there by mid afternoon hopefully.

Do you reckon that's shorter than west via Fort William?

Only two days to go :) and it's great to see that David is coming over from NI! Pity about the weather forecast, but that can change. Have a safe trip over, Jaap and Antonio - we'll see you Friday afternoon/evening at the hotel.

Thank you Chris. If everything is going the right way, we will be at the Aultguish Inn tomorrow in the early evening. Second map24.com is about 501 km from Newcastle. Because the major way to up there will be secondary, my average speed will be low. Maybe 50 km/h. That will cost me about 10 hours. I will bring St. Christopher with me…