Installing a Roper Slopper

badmotogoozer

Two years since the last thank you. So I will thank you again, I just finished this morning. Pretty easy job, I just wish I knew how the PO got the oil filter on so tight. I did add the hoseclamp filter stopper.

Two years since the last thank you. So I will thank you again, I just finished this morning. Pretty easy job, I just wish I knew how the PO got the oil filter on so tight. I did add the hoseclamp filter stopper.

Filter tightness or looseness may be one of those enigmas that are unsolvable by the mind of mere mortals. :oldgit: I had one hell of a time changing the filter on the Mighty Scura this time. The gasket tore off the filter before the filter came off. There was no way Superman could have removed it via the sump hole. Who put it on last time?? Me. Same way I always do it. :rasta:

Uh, actually, Superman could have just flown around the earth BACKWARDS, so fast that he could have turned back time, to just before you put that filter on...

But seriously, do you rub a little oil on the gasket of a new filter before you put it on? I was taught to do that and have never had the tightness or gasket damage issues...of course, NOW I've written this, I undoubtly will :homer:

Uh, actually, Superman could have just flown around the earth BACKWARDS, so fast that he could have turned back time, to just before you put that filter on...

But seriously, do you rub a little oil on the gasket of a new filter before you put it on? I was taught to do that and have never had the tightness or gasket damage issues...of course, NOW I've written this, I undoubtly will :homer:

I was told to use old oil. New oil will cause the gasket to stick.

Depends on what time it is and who is doing the flying. Old oil, new oil, middle aged oil hmmmm.... I have to admit I like flying back. Never had trouble with new oil. Tens of thousands of hours on tens on engines.

Depends on what time it is and who is doing the flying. Old oil, new oil, middle aged oil hmmmm.... I have to admit I like flying back. Never had trouble with new oil. Tens of thousands of hours on tens on engines.

Right. I'm not saying it is gospel, just what I was told. I'm not sure even I entirely believe it.

I'd like to do a study on it (and I change enough filters to where I should). I had a ducati filter stick like crazy last year. Never had a problem with a Guzzi filter. So, maybe it's the seal material? :huh2:

Is anyone still selling these plates? I didn't get in on the initial order run, and would be interested...anyone have one that they want to sell me?

Andy

Yep.

I still manufacture the plates and have them in stock. Problem I currently have is that I'm now not only 'Mr. Moto Guzzi' but also 'Mr Aprilia' between Sydney and the Victorian border and I have as much, if not more work than I need just dealing with the newer bikes and havent been able to really respond as I should to requests about plates.

My apologies. I don't log in here very often so it nay seen like I'm ignoring requests for info. I'm not, I'm just up to my armpits in V7's and CARC bikes with the odd RSV-4 and Tuono thown in. Keep pestering me and I'll respond when I get a chance.

Pete

• Like 1

I still manufacture the plates and have them in stock. Problem I currently have is that I'm now not only 'Mr. Moto Guzzi' but also 'Mr Aprilia' between Sydney and the Victorian border and I have as much, if not more work than I need just dealing with the newer bikes and havent been able to really respond as I should to requests about plates.

I'm tired of helicopters and the wife - need an extra hand there?

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies. I don't log in here very often so it nay seen like I'm ignoring requests for info. I'm not, I'm just up to my armpits in V7's and CARC bikes with the odd RSV-4 and Tuono thown in. Keep pestering me and I'll respond when I get a chance.

Pete

Hello Pete

I am interested in purchasing one of your plates if you end up having time to get one ready to ship.

Just purchased a 2001 rosso mandello. Thanks

Randy

Pete

Hello Pete

I am interested in purchasing one of your plates if you end up having time to get one ready to ship.

Just purchased a 2001 rosso mandello. Thanks

Randy

Ditto what he said

• 2 weeks later...