Installing a Roper Slopper

badmotogoozer

Email me.

motomoda@optusnet.com.au

that works for paypal too.

$210US shipped worldwide will get you one. I'm just about to do another run as Todd at MPH has just ordered another batch.

Pete

Not that there is any controversy over this part, but I just wanted to add that it performs exactly as advertised. I was easily able to flash the oil pressure light while in first gear. After installing the plate, I CAN'T do it no matter how hard I try.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I still manufacture the plates and have them in stock. Problem I currently have is that I'm now not only 'Mr. Moto Guzzi' but also 'Mr Aprilia' between Sydney and the Victorian border and I have as much, if not more work than I need just dealing with the newer bikes and havent been able to really respond as I should to requests about plates.

My apologies. I don't log in here very often so it nay seen like I'm ignoring requests for info. I'm not, I'm just up to my armpits in V7's and CARC bikes with the odd RSV-4 and Tuono thown in. Keep pestering me and I'll respond when I get a chance.

Pete

Hello Pete

I am interested in purchasing one of your plates if you end up having time to get one ready to ship.

Just purchased a 2001 rosso mandello. Thanks

Randy

Ditto what he said

Me to,whats MPH?not miles per hour obviously.

Me to,whats MPH?not miles per hour obviously.

MPH is one of the few big Guzzi dealers stateside. They're down in Houston, TX. Todd Haven is the proprietor, iirc? [At least, I seem to recall he does all their web posting...] Not to be confused w/ Todd Eagen, he's in CA & runs the GuzziTech forum, reflashes the CARC ecus & offers some spendy Guzzi go fast parts.

Pete's sloppage sheet is decidedly NON-spendy for a part that's manufactured in short runs, fixes a recall-worthy motor-killing shortcoming in the V11s' engineering, & is shipped from 1/2 the world away... :thumbsup:

And lets you get all kinds of silly with the right grip as wontonly as you see fit, thus extracting the fun that is the best part of these motors where I love it most... the launch from 0 to 7,800rpm, and then don't let her fall below 5k from there on out. Honestly, this is the best mod, and "bang for the buck" mod you can make IMHO :grin::notworthy::mg::wub:

• 1 year later...

I have a pressure gauge on my Sport, provided I don't let the oil get below half way between the marks on the stick it Maintains around 50, any lower and it drops to zero accelerating from a light,

I think the sloppage plates are a great idea and I have one hanging on the wall. 

• 2 years later...

I still manufacture the plates and have them in stock. Problem I currently have is that I'm now not only 'Mr. Moto Guzzi' but also 'Mr Aprilia' between Sydney and the Victorian border and I have as much, if not more work than I need just dealing with the newer bikes and havent been able to really respond as I should to requests about plates.

My apologies. I don't log in here very often so it nay seen like I'm ignoring requests for info. I'm not, I'm just up to my armpits in V7's and CARC bikes with the odd RSV-4 and Tuono thown in. Keep pestering me and I'll respond when I get a chance.

Pete

Hi Pete

I am interested in purchasing one of you Roper Slopers.

If you get time can you please contact me waynelemans@gmail.com

Thankyou

As I recall, Pete's last post on this was that he no longer making them:

"So unless people would like to club together and put in a bulk, (Over ten.) order for plates from me I'm afraid I'm done with them. Sorry."

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19211&p=206687

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello Pete.  I'm a new owner of a 2001 Rosso Mandello and would like to install one of your sump plates.  If you still make them, please let me know how to order, pay for, and ship one to the USA.

Regards,

Araignee

Hello Pete.  I'm a new owner of a 2001 Rosso Mandello and would like to install one of your sump plates.  If you still make them, please let me know how to order, pay for, and ship one to the USA.

Regards,

Araignee

Aye, and don't forget to send me a sample...

Regards,

Araignee

I don't think Pete sells them anymore.

Last I spoke with Mike Haven here in town (Houston) at MPH, he still had a couple of the Roper plates, I had bought one from Scud, and Mike had an extra couple at the time last year.  Try contacting him directly...best way to reach him is via the MPH FAcebook page.