'07 Harley 1200

Van

Hey! I'm new to the forum but I can't just sit by idly with all this Harley bashing-

dlaing you're right on! Maybe if some of these guys would pry their fat aging butts off their beloved Guzzi's and give a Harley a try, they might know what they're talking about. :oldgit::moon: Regarding Sportster's, even the Big Twin guys don't bash them much anymore (they're probably too busy lacing up their chaps). The point is, ride what you like and don't badmouth the competition, especially if you've never tried it. :drink:

Dudette, welcome to the Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans forum, if a little bit of Hardly bashing upsets you , you are obviously in the wrong place. I have ridden 3 in my lifetime many years ago when I was tearing around on a T140D Bonneville at the time. A '74 Skirtster, a '78 Slowrider and a 1980 XLS Toadster. Never in a million years would I want to ride another one, that's my choice. They sell heaps of them but they are just not for me. People can express their feelings about these bikes and anything else that conforms on forums like this. If you don't like what you read... tough, move on, if not when someone really gets on your tits you put them onto your ignored user list, works a treat for me.

Rob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudette, welcome to the Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans forum, if a little bit of Hardly bashing upsets you , you are obviously in the wrong place. I have ridden 3 in my lifetime many years ago when I was tearing around on a T140D Bonneville at the time. A '74 Skirtster, a '78 Slowrider and a 1980 XLS Toadster. Never in a million years would I want to ride another one, that's my choice. They sell heaps of them but they are just not for me. People can express their feelings about these bikes and anything else that conforms on forums like this. If you don't like what you read... tough, move on, if not when someone really gets on your tits you put them onto your ignored user list, works a treat for me.

Rob

Yah Dudester,

Just put Rob on your ignore list :P or continue to express your view.

You are in the right place, no need to "move on"

Please note: I am only a moderator for Classifieds, and the opinion expressed here is my personal one and does not reflect the view of the Forum Administrator (maybe I should add that to my signature)

Please note: I am only a moderator for Classifieds, and the opinion expressed here is my personal one and does not reflect the view of the Forum Administrator (maybe I should add that to my signature)

Could be a plan...... ;)

Otherwise you might have to keep telling folk whether you have your 'official hat' on or off! :oldgit:

Nige. :grin:

I kinda wish I had the problem of only loving one marq. :bike:

Don't get me wrong, I have only one Love :mg:

I am just really pleased to see Harley make a move towards a better handling bike.

Apparently other people think they should stay on track with heavy cruisers and uncomfortable tourers.

Ever notice the trend on this forum is to make a bike more Harley like? People here generally lower the pegs and move them forward, and raise the bars and bring them back, and then get a cushier seat?

But then Harley goes and makes a more Guzzi like bike and folks start hurling insults without reason.

Could it be envy?

If not, please explain why Harley should not make this bike, or explain what they should do to improve it.

I know, give it a 90 degree engine, twist the engine 90degrees in the frame, give it a shaft drive, and put an Eagle on the tank :mg:

But seriously a 90 degree twin would be a good start.

Multivalves, sure.

What else?

Full Ohlins suspension.

Touring bags.

Optional sport, sport touring and touring fairings.

ABS.

How about even higher foot pegs???

Is this going to be a track day bike for Road King and Fat Boy owners???

I still reckon there is summat in racing the Cali's.

They might look like a tarts handbag, but they go better than they should.

Race 'em two up with full panniers, footboards and mainsail windscreens.

Nige. :race:

:2c: I'VE observed a mate go through the right bike for me thing over the last couple of years. now he never makes a quick decision and spent months test riding lots of bikes. now he's preety much a loner in some respects but likes his riding, so he buys a hd 1200 sportster new does the couple of grand on acessories thing and seems happy but then comes on a couple of rides with the fellows up the mountain through some excellent twisties and is no longer happy with his ride[doesn't like the through the bend riding on metal skids] so he trades it for a buell 1200 xbs. now he's brightened up and is able to keep with the boys so we're trying to get him touring with us. he agrees and comes along on one of our four day distance tours interstate and enjoys it. but finds distance rides on the buell very uncomfortable so he changes the bars on return. but alas no satisfaction. so he trades the buell for a new bmw r1200s and to date is smiling ear to ear. moral of the story! :huh2::bier: HAPPY NEW YEAR.