'07 Harley 1200

Van

I'll bet it would be fun to ride but then I find any bike fun to ride even if it is an evil handling piece of shite.

I mentioned to friskycutter on the weekend that the worst bike I ever rode was like the worst bl@w j@b I ever had ..... f@cking great!!

You were running open bell mouths and it just flopped in? in the manner of the person at A&E who was vacuum cleaning or accidentally sat on the coke bottle

thumb_X-ray20Coke20Bottle.jpg

:huh2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to make a few points.

1. The Harley 1200 looks good, but is probably only for girls.

2. The standard Sportster is not to my taste, and everyone knows H-D sportsters are only cool for girls.

3. The Buell is a proper sports bike and is not ugly, it's art.

4. Griso? It looks ok, but it's too metrosexual. If I was a member of the Village People, I might consider one.

Personally, I have found that any bike is "art" that you have invested time and money in. Other people won't necessarily see it that way!

I would hesitate to describe HD Sportsters as girls' bikes. I had a mate in England who rode his 1200 Sportster Sport like an Italian stallion: it seemed to hold up OK!

I don't much like the appearance of the Griso either, but then I've yet to ride one.

My V11 is ugly, and slow in comparison with most modern big bikes, but I get something from riding it that isn't to do with ultimate speed, beauty, resale value, exclusivity or street cred. Other than calling it charisma or character, it beats me what it is, exactly, but I suspect that many Harley riders would know what I'm talking about.

You were running open bell mouths and it just flopped in? in the manner of the person at A&E who was vacuum cleaning or accidentally sat on the coke bottle

thumb_X-ray20Coke20Bottle.jpg

Yikes! I thought coke bottles were only for smashing on peoples heads! I guess I'll have to let those loggers know that there is another use for them .....

I'll bet it would be fun to ride but then I find any bike fun to ride even if it is an evil handling piece of shite.

I mentioned to friskycutter on the weekend that the worst bike I ever rode was like the worst bl@w j@b I ever had ..... f@cking great!!

:stupid:

I feel the same way, tho there are many I wouldn't buy for $$$-value reasons. -_-

it is just me or this piece of shit does look fukking ugly?

No it's not just you....

Must be a heritage thing I don' t understand!

It's a good thing though keeps the guzzi a bit exclusive <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D"> !

Ciao

jasper

You know, it seems for decades now, I've had such a bad taste in my mouth for this whole "Harley thing", the stereotype alot of people find so distastfull, the chaps, beenie helmet, attitude, that I have trouble stomaching anything Harley powered. My thoughts regarding anything Sportster? Another sterotype from what we all actually see; It's a friggin' girls bike!! You know the scene, the ol' man rides the BIG bike, and the little woman gets the Sporty, and rides behind him. It's all so pathetic really :homer: . Especially when you consider that the Sportster is quicker and better handling than the "bigguns" from HD [ you only have to be a 3 when the others are a 2 :P ] . Have you seen a full grown man on a Sporty? It looks comical.

Ciao, Steve

Have you seen a full grown man on a Sporty? It looks comical.

Ciao, Steve

Kinda like this Gary guy on Guzzi's biggest bike in years???

IMGP0642.jpg

Are some men more fully grown than others?

Are full grown women on Sportsters comical looking?

Are full grown Sportsters more comical with midgets riding them?

My more or less full grown buddy uprgraded his Sportster to the one with bigger jugs. Does this mean he looks less comical?

Does Scott Parker look comical on an XR750?

Kinda like this Gary guy on Guzzi's biggest bike in years???

IMGP0642.jpg

Are some men more fully grown than others?

Are full grown women on Sportsters comical looking?

Are full grown Sportsters more comical with midgets riding them?

My more or less full grown buddy uprgraded his Sportster to the one with bigger jugs. Does this mean he looks less comical?

Does Scott Parker look comical on an XR750?

Scotty Parker, Chris Carr, etc, they are all little guys, as most motorcycle racers are, on 100hp race bikes, not 55hp puddlers.

Look, they are girly bikes, everyone knows it, just admit it. Defending a Harley Sportster only confirms gender confusion with the defender!!! :P They are a frickin' joke. A guy who buys one is either getting one for his little woman or is a poser without the scratch to get a full sized pig.

Ciao, Steve

I watched a preview of a movie coming soon called "Road Hawgs". It has John Travolta, Tim Allen and a couple others as middle aged, middle class men who buy Harleys and try to be young again. It looks very cliche but it will probably show well as it will appeal to all the people who buy Harleys but are not really bikers. It may well be to movies what Harleys are to motorcycles.

Don't know if I'll watch it ....

You know, it seems for decades now, I've had such a bad taste in my mouth for this whole "Harley thing", the stereotype alot of people find so distastfull, the chaps, beenie helmet, attitude, that I have trouble stomaching anything Harley powered. My thoughts regarding anything Sportster? Another sterotype from what we all actually see; It's a friggin' girls bike!! You know the scene, the ol' man rides the BIG bike, and the little woman gets the Sporty, and rides behind him. It's all so pathetic really :homer: . Especially when you consider that the Sportster is quicker and better handling than the "bigguns" from HD [ you only have to be a 3 when the others are a 2 :P ] . Have you seen a full grown man on a Sporty? It looks comical.

Ciao, Steve

Again, we think alike. Most of my dislike for the name stems from the attitude. Then there is the years and years of pretty much the same bikes with slightly different paint jobs. (oops, kinda like the V11 on a much bigger, longer lasting scale) Now this offering of a Sportster with modern wheels and a big muffler. If they are going to do a flat tracker replica, they should just do it, if they are going to do a modern naked bike, then do that. This is just a parts bin, half-assed mix of both. I just don't get it.

Guest Roadslayer

I think harleys just relising that in a few years thier market is going to die off and thier just looking for something new so they can be ready for it. Just look at the average harley buyer. They really need something that the next generation will be willing to buy. Now I'm no saying that this is it but I think its a step in the right direction.

:2c:

"Die Off!" That's funny. I've owned Harleys since'71. Still do. And lots of other brands also. And I too have wondered who's going to these $20,000 used bikes in 10 years. And if you believe some economist,we're giving rise to a society of 'bugger flippers' who can't afford $500,000 houses. Just a thought.

'Cheers' Roadslayer :2c: