San Diego and So-Cal December 2006

dlaing

yes, i meant that one.

its looks is quite astonishing...get the girls inside, call the cops and close the doors !!! ;)

i wonder what type of bike they would feature in a re-make re-model of The Wild One.

I reckon this ratbiked Guzzi would be good for the part !

Isn't that RacerX (Todd)'s Jackal? Good turn out, lots of Guzzis,

Yes it is, and yes it was. Great day of riding.

jihem, curious to know why you'd consider my Jackal a ratbike? Raw steel stock tank, atop nearly all clear-coated carbon and go-fast bits... V11S motor, wheels and front end. My new hand-built 2-1 reverse-cone muffled megaphone goes better then it sounds, and looks. Just ask any of those who have ridden with it/me.

My new hand-built 2-1 reverse-cone muffled megaphone goes better then it sounds, and looks. Just ask any of those who have ridden with it/me.

It sounds and looks great, but I was too far behind you to know how well it goes....Although there was one moment when I exited a turn at about 40MPH and you blew by me going about 70MPH with passenger that I guess I would have to say it goes well...of course you probably could have blown by me at about 60MPH if you were riding a true rat bike, so it is hard to say how much was the bike and how much was rider. :race:

Do you have any dyno-graphs for that bike?

We should take some better photos of that bike and put it up for bike of the month :grin:

The first impression of the bike comes from looking at the raw steel tank,(that might make one think "ratbike", but details on the bike show it to be bling-o-licious, with an emphasis on quality, rather than flash. The bike is bad to the bone and will probably outperform 99% of the V11s on this forum.

I wish I had Todd's get it done attitude to get my bike where I want :bier:

jihem, curious to know why you'd consider my Jackal a ratbike?

oh, in my mind, the descriptive "rat bike" isn't negative at all, on the contrary.

I used that term cos your bike looked black for the most, raw and agressive, and i liked it !

Do you have any dyno-graphs for that bike? We should take some better photos of that bike and put it up for bike of the month :grin:

I wish I had Todd's get it done attitude to get my bike where I want :bier:

Thanks Dave. I have a big handful left to do before unvieling the dyno graphs... though I'm near 80 with (the smaller) Cal/Jackal throttle bodies and intake manifolds. It's still largely a work in progress. Pics? How's this one:

Jack-SMM06-RSFR1.jpg

oh, in my mind, the descriptive "rat bike" isn't negative at all, on the contrary. I used that term cos your bike looked black for the most, raw and agressive, and i liked it!

Oh, ok... thanks. "Rat bike" here generally means unkept, abused and neglected. Mad Max is a line I keep hearing to describe it, perhaps that is most fitting.

Oh, ok... thanks. "Rat bike" here generally means unkept, abused and neglected. Mad Max is a line I keep hearing to describe it, perhaps that is most fitting.

sorry if my use of the term "ratbike" offended you :) yeah, Mad Max seems more fitting perhaps. In any case, your bike looks impressive.

reminds me of my old T3 Calif (a donor bike that is slightly pimped up. I had her fitted with 992 cc and a P3 cam, talk about a wolf in sheep clothes :)

sorry if my use of the term "ratbike" offended you :) In any case, your bike looks impressive. reminds me of my old T3 Calif (a donor bike that is slightly pimped up. I had her fitted with 992 cc and a P3 cam, talk about a wolf in sheep clothes :)

None taken, and thanks. Your T3 sounded fun... and my Jackal was still in (semi) sheeps clothing even just after the inverted front end swap (though its now taken on a life of its own);

dscn0928ov9.jpg

What a weekend!

Long Beach was not too bad.

I did not test ride anything, but Wallace got to ride the Breva, Griso, and Norge.

He came away very impressed with the Griso and Norge.

The best part was hitting "Rock Bottom Brewery" for lunch and seeing the place inundated by a Santa UnConvention....http://santarchy.com/ :xmas:

Coming back home could have been a better ride. Lane splitting in the rain was an invite for disaster, so the ride back simply took longer than expected. Cosmos and Tacos in San Clemente helped the moral, and the blast home was a blast....luckily no speeding tickets :doh:

Slept like a baby, woke up and went on the Toy Drive Ride.

For all you charity minded So-Cal people, please consider giving, or partaking in future years.

The day started with Cafe Moto Coffee and breakfast munchies and tire kicking.

We then headed to the shelter and listened to heart wrenching stories from the grateful women whose lives were changed for the better by the shelter. Then we fired up the bikes and took kids for rides around the parking lot. The smiles were priceless and it was hard to leave as the kids could have ridden around the parking lot all day.

We then headed to the Ross's house, diagnosed some Scura electrical problems, then headed over to Rainbow for a fun ride on sloppy post rain roads, followed by a delicious lunch.

I hope some of you can make it next year.

I missed out on free champagne brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado, just so I could make this....it was well worth it :D