V11LeMans.com 5th-Anniversary Rally

Admin Jaap

Hey Antonio,

We moved to Brisbane.. I am up for a OZ V11 meeting.. somewhere between Sydney and Brisbane sounds nice!!

any way: Veel plezier in Limburg!

Ciao

jasper

Ja, het zal wel lukken. Volgende week wordt 22-24 graden verwacht. :sun:

We gaan met de tent en in de regen is het niet prettig camperen.

We zullen een zak motordrop opsturen naar: Brisbane. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you made me to register to this community only because I would like to thank Jaap for this superbe meeting!*

Actually, a very nice meeting. Small (about 20 Guzzis friday night), but exclusive! And international. Guzzi-riders from Italy, England, Wales, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, ..... and Dutch of course. I am looking forward to see some pictures!

Unfortunately I had to leave very early this morning, could not even say Good-bye to all of them.

Thank you Jaap for this organization! You chose a perfect location and ordered perfect weather! I really enjoyed meeting you and those other people!

See you all next year!

*A lots of V11s I saw. Me as a Cali-rider beginning to like this bike. PLEASE don´t work on me, otherwise I will buy one! :D

Well, it was a very pleasant meeting. All things needed for that were there. Good weather, nice people, nice place. Thanks to Jaap and Antonio. I was unfortunate to have some battery laoding problems, so I cound't do the tour, but did my own instead.

I made a gallery, and uploaded my 3 pictures, others can add there

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=34

Yes, it was very pleasant, altho I had to leave shortly after lunch on saturday.

Good to be able to actually share LIVE conversations with ppl and time flies so fast in occasions like that.

Paul, too bad for your Daytona, it's a beautiful bike, and i was looking fwd to see it on the tour !

We also took the opportunity of the meeting to organize simultanously the second International Ghezzi-Brian Meeting. It's not often there are TWO GB at the same place, at the same time :)

HBJMLghezzis.jpg

looking fwd for the next gathering !

After taking the long and winding road north through Germany I'm back home, feeling very tired. Speaking three languages for a few days is quite strenuous. And all that beer didn't help either...

Last thursday I was a bit nervous how the rally would turn out. But this afternoon I was convinced it was a success.

Just a few keywords:

Perfect weather,

Hotel La Chaussee and their very friendly, helpful owners,

Beautiful bikes,

The Benelux G&B STW meeting,

Nice cold beers,

Good food,

The nice tour to the Rursee,

The unexpected high turnout,

International understanding,

Fun with firestarter Antonio (he said "wood", huhuh)

And the most important: Very nice people!

A big thanks to all who joined the Anniversary Party and also to all the people who visited us during the (Satur)day!

For the time being my pictures are stored here.

I hope all of you got home safely and I hope to see you all soon.

(FWIW... I'm seriously thinking of doing this next year again; I'll let you know sometime this winter)

It was a really really great weekend, I enjoyed it so much,

nice people, :bier::food::mg::race::sun: ,

all you need for having lots of fun and recreation....

...well, I had a little headache meantime, I'm afraid one of my two palms on friday night was off :whistle:

but anyway - it was a marvellous meeting and I hope to see all those people again

And, Jaapilein :cheese: my dear,

(FWIW... I'm seriously thinking of doing this next year again; I'll let you know sometime this winter)

don't think - just do it!!! :thumbsup:

Here some impressions...

2whe-1m.jpg2whe-1n.jpg2whe-1o.jpg2whe-1p.jpg

2whe-1q.jpg2whe-1r.jpg2whe-1s.jpg2whe-1t.jpg

@ Paul Minnaert

"Always someone is fiddeling on a bike at a meeting"

:D

Yes Paul :wub: and its feeling quite better now - let's wait and see

2whe-1u.jpg2whe-1v.jpg

Got back about an hour ago- had a fairly rough crossing, but thankfully my bike did not fall over onto the 2 Satan Slave's bikes that were parked next to me on the ferry!

Great venue, great people, nice roads, beer and food- and I caught up on my sleep!!

A big thank you to Jaap and Antonio for organising this!

I'll post some pics later.

Guy :helmet:

btw, did your clutch got better ?

I streched my homeward trip throughout Belgium (ca. 250 km) and hadn't any problems with the gears. But actually the problem has been appearing since one year just at times. So I'm not sure if it's gone but gear changing feels more precisely now.

IMG_0798.jpg

I'd like to thank the three wise V11lemans.com monkeys.

Antonio, Jaap and Paul

for setting up this meeting and all the hard work that goes on behind the website.

As totally expected I had a lovely time, meeting up again with old acquaintances and also meeting in person some people who I'd only spoken to previously through this board., as well as some new friends.

so you don't have to keep downloading my pictures I've done a separate report

So looking forward to the next time we can get together.

The only pic I have is with my wife and me and Guus of course. Sorry for that.

I do not have any report.

I must recognize the weekend was great. A successful event.

I am grateful to Paul of La Chausse, we do not have to pay back the bench we demolished.:lol:

The tour on the Eifel was great too. We do not have had the "bloemenplukkers" group, so the speed by while was high.

Howdy again,

I've already made a very short tripreport on Martin's link (5th Anniversary). Not much but it says it all.

Good to seeing you all in the flesh and I do hope that we can come back to La Chausse next year again. I'll definitely be there.

Guy mentioned that he ran into 90 bikers from Satan's Slaves; I bumped into 20 (+) Bandidos at a filling station in Germany on my trip back to Denmark. Six of them were riding their mediocre, overpriced and overvalued led sleds; the remainder were stuffed into cars. Bikers my :moon:

Oh, they all wore sunglasses - even indoors at the dinnertable..... Stevie Wonder eat your heart out.

Once again thanks to you all for a splendid weekend. I will be there next year and so should you all.

Ciao

Søren

Hello guys.

I just came back from my holiday tour through the south of France to the french Ardennen.

My holidays coud not have a better start than with this great meeting of some international V11 drivers.

It was nice and exclusive meeting. Thanks Jaap and Antonio for selecting this nice place and organizing this. Thanks to Paul and family who did everything to make everyone feel comfortable there.

Nice guys. Unfortunately I had to hurry to Münster, otherwise I would have done part of my holidays with Bertie in France .

I had a lot of fun there and could even brush up my English and Dutch.

Hier noch einmal auf Deutsch:

Das war ein echt geiles Wochenende .

In het Nederlands:

Hartstikke leuk . (Zeg je dat zo in het Nederlands?)

Jaap, if you you are going to plan for next year, you can already put me on the list.

:race: Klaus :race:

Just like to add my thanks to Jaap and Antonio for organising this fantastic meeting. Never seen so many V11's in one place!!! Good company, excellent rideout, a truly enjoyable weekend! :drink: Thanks also to Paul and family for making us so welcome at La Chaussee.Thanks again. (He said wood Huhuhuh.....) :D