Headlight improvement

v11F

Guest Mattress

Anyone who ones a V11 and one of the new Breva/Griso models have any comment on stock light comparison?

MG cycles was selling the new headlight, which seems to have more "reflector bits" behind the bulb.

Anyone who ones a V11 and one of the new Breva/Griso models have any comment on stock light comparison?

MG cycles was selling the new headlight, which seems to have more "reflector bits" behind the bulb.

The Griso has the facetless face with reflector bits.

The Breva has the projector type

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here we go : 1st improvement : the Phillips "+50%" bulb went in and ... well, OK, it was a dry, warmish night yesterday, but the beam seems much better, at least I would feel confident to take on a long night ride, knowing I could actually see something in front.

I'll certainly keep you posted if I do the relays. I've not yet taken off the tank, having (other) things to do on a Saturday afternoon - for those who have routed cables from the battery, is this a necessity ? Should I not be worried and just start ripping off all the pipes ? :blush:

OK, here we go : 1st improvement : the Phillips "+50%" bulb went in and ... well, OK, it was a dry, warmish night yesterday, but the beam seems much better, at least I would feel confident to take on a long night ride, knowing I could actually see something in front.

I'll certainly keep you posted if I do the relays. I've not yet taken off the tank, having (other) things to do on a Saturday afternoon - for those who have routed cables from the battery, is this a necessity ? Should I not be worried and just start ripping off all the pipes ? :blush:

I did my wiring upgrade with the tank in place.

I also want to try the Phillips +50% bulb.

They are a little harder to find in the US.

The Sylvania SilverStar is about the closest thing readilly available, but it is bluer.

While the Osram SilverStar is as white and bright as the Philips, but even harder to find in the US.

I have seen a couple places on the web that have both the Philips and the Osram, and hope to pick one up and do another before and after shot.