Muffler choices

Guest Guest_dlaing

I've taken some MVR (Mike Velasco Racing) CBR900 mufflers I found at a wrecker and clamped on some aluminum flex pipe to the exhaust pipes. $200 and I have a very nice sounding but not too loud system that also looks like no one else's. The flex pipe goes very well with the large fins on the motor. Gives it even more of a brutish look and has helped throttle response with no other mods..........yet. The K&N filter and PC are in the garage. I'm getting swayed to buying the Stucchi cross over. May as well go all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

First off great site so much info,best guzzi site ive seen.

I just got myself a new tenni rode it over the weekend done 194 miles at 41mpg .LOVED EVERY MOMENT.My last bike was a centauro i fitted xover mistral round carbons and the eprom chip that works with the cans i got it all from Agostinos in Italy i paid by card and recieved items in 4 days.The cans and chip cam to about £380 which was much cheaper than any cans available in this country[uK] and they sounded great though i only did about 200miles before i saw the Tenni and partexed the centauro there didnt seem to be any flat spots ot went and sounded great.The tenni is very quiet but i get i will have to wait for the warranty to run out [2 years] before i can change anything,the xover made a big difference on the centauro is it the same with the V11.

Regards

Martin :mg:

The tenni is very quiet but i get i will have to wait for the warranty to run out [2 years] before i can change anything
Wasn't a problem with my dealer. I changed X-over and mufflers to Mistral.

Martenni,

The Stucchi crossover gives more midrange power.

The Mistral crossover may give even more midrange power but reduces high rpm power

Aftermarket mufflers give more high rpm horsepower.

Together, you should be flying and wondering how you waited so long :P

The Mistral cannisters (cf) are 10 pounds lighter than the stock cans.How much lighter is the Stucchi crossover from the stock unit?

Guest takemasa

I had purchased FBF carbon.But It`s too loud to cruise down the street.

So I added STREET BAFFLES made for TERMIGNONI cans.It was easy to fit,

noise was reduced ,but maybe mid~top range punch also reduced.

Guest Bob in CT

Has anyone checked out the mufflers at Moto Guzzi. it . They are titanium (with a nice eagle on them) and come with new hangers and remapped ECU. U.S. MSRP is about $1000.00 Might be a nice addition to the tenni :mg:

Photo of 01 V11 Sport with Leo Vince Ti-Ovals :wub: , CF "hugger", custom fender eliminator with "bullet" turn signals and LED brake light (below stock brake light), Rich Maund non-gel seat, and gold powder coated wheels. Another photo in 24/7 forum.

v11rtpipe.jpg

Geez, yeah... THANKS JOE <_>

....ohhhh NOW you post pictures some 3 months after I ordered my Ti Leo's :P

Just picking at cha! :lol:

The wheels looks nice Joe. I'll have to try to strategically park your bike close to mine the next time we go for a ride to try to visualize how those wheels might look on mine :)

...oh, and BTW... where/whose fender kit is that? It kinda looks like mine, but in Carbon?? Just curious as I've not seen another of mine on anyone's bikes.

al

Hi all

I fitted Mistral oval carbons on my centauro got them from agostinis cost with eprom chip aprox £350 they fitted fine they looked good sounded not too loud and although i didnt get a dyno check it seemed real fast.When the warranty runs out on my Tenni i will get another pair because they are good enough quality at a very reasonable price.I bought a xover from raceco ,cost a ridiculous price and it became realy badly discoloured real quick so the over the top price doesnt always mean great quality.

Regards

Martin

:bike:

Hey Joe,

Do you have the Stucci x-over with your Leo's, or the OEM x-over?

I ask because Moto Italiano is having a "hell of a time" fitting my Ti Leo's, as currently, no matter how they adjust them and the linkage, the rear brake lever hits the pipe. Anyone else have this problem?

They are calling Leo Vince, but I'm curious to verify if anyone else has the Stucci x-over and Leos successfully installed on their V11 Sport/LeMans.

al

Al,

The rear brake lever comes really close the the Stucchi crossover. You have to must play with the pipes to gain enought cleareance. I have also filed the corner off of the brake lever to aid in the clearence issue. The picture does not show the filed off portion, just the tight clearence. I was told when mounting the Stucchi crossover, you must loosen all the pipes including the ones at the cylinder heads. On my bike the Stucchi crossover does not slide onto the header pipes as far as the stock crossover. I tend to get a small exhaust leak at that area (where the pipes have the cuts for more clamping and sealing). I had put high temp. silicone between the pipes in this area and it did rid my problem of the leak. I also thought about having the crossover and header pipes welded at these spots to make a cleaner apeareance.

My first Stucchi crossover was defective and I could not even get the rear mufflers to line up close. The right muffler fit fine and the left one was about four to five inches away from the mounting bracket. The second one fit fine.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Guest scott

As Bob in CT listed above, you have got to check out the new engraved titanium cans being offered through MotoGuzzi. I found them listed on www.motoguzzi-us.com in the accessories section.

They look like they are darker than most titanium cans and have a great MG logo engraved into them. They even come with a new ECU! Maybe no need for a PCIII with this new ECU? Man they look good.

As for me, I'll continue to put miles on the LeoVince's I have installed, and am going to install a PCIII this weekend.