'02 fuzzy paint fix question

Tom M

Good luck with your project Andy. Just remember to keep that spray can at least a foot away from the workpiece and you should get decent results. Thanks again for that tip Jason! :bier:

My exhaust pipes and crossover were ceramic coated by the previous owner, that's why they aren't discolored like yours.

I'm pretty happy with my paint results. If you zoom in on my middle picture above you can see that the engine paint between the jugs is still a bubbly mess, but I don't think it will be very noticeable once I put the fairing back on. It should be a vast improvement over what was there before. Not bad for $15 and a little time and effort.

aah ceramic huh,well dont drop emm! Bevel box all painted now and although not as crinkly as yer i reasonably happy wiv result. Thankyou mr Harley D !!! (why can't Guzzi market paint)!

Yo, Tom M, great pics ...

Did you drop the engine to spray or simply mask and spray? I will be embarking on this soon; I figured on masking but am afraid that there would be inaccessible areas.

Cheers

Cat

I didn't drop the engine so the cruddy old paint is still visible in spots if someone goes looking for it. Looks good from 3 or 4 feet away though so that will have to do for now.

That looks quite good considering that it was done with the engine still mounted in the frame! The cases on my '02 LeMans look similar to Tom's "before" picture. I'm going to consider a rattle can respray job myself. I also want to get my header pipes Jet_Hot coated. This is encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...

My engine is detached from frame (for some "improvements") i'd like to repaint with harley paint, but today i ask'd in a near harley store but they can't help me.

Anyone know where to buy in europe that paint? (texture black 98606BF)

• 1 year later...
My engine is detached from frame (for some "improvements") i'd like to repaint with harley paint, but today i ask'd in a near harley store but they can't help me.

Anyone know where to buy in europe that paint? (texture black 98606BF)

Czech Dealer of HD has planty of them... but shipping to you would cost more than the paint inself :(