Wanna do a track day in SoCal at the 2008 US National Rally?

wsholar

2008 MGNOC Rally Track Day Option  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in an all-Guzzi track day event during the 2008 US MGNOC National Rally (June 24-26, LA/Malibu), probably at The Streets of Willow (at Willow Springs International Motorsports Park, about 2 hrs from the rally site)?

• Yes, I'm already planning to come, and I would spend up to $200 on an all-Guzzi track day
    • Yes, I'm already planning to come, and I would spend up to $100 on an all-Guzzi track day
    • Yes, if there's a Guzzi track day, I would come and spend up to $200 on an all-Guzzi track day
    • Yes, if there's a Guzzi track day, I would come and spend up to $100 on an all-Guzzi track day
    • No, I'm already planning to come, but I don't put my Guzzi on the track
    • No, I'm already planning to come, but this track day location is just too inconvenient
    • No, I'm just not inclined to ride/trailer all the way to LA for a Guzzi rally

So, we'd like to put together a track day during the US 2008 MGNOC National Rally in LA/Malibu. Thing is, we won't even start to put it together if we can't get enough interest from the core go-fast Guzzi guys on this forum, hence this poll. So, if you'd like to come to Malibu, ride the Santa Monicas, do a track day at Willow Springs, and drink a lot of Grappa and beer on the beach, here's your chance to make all of that happen. It's up to you!

We're hoping we can generate enough interest on this board to make it feasible to front the money and reserve the track. It should be a great time hitting the track with a bunch of V7 Sports, 850/1000 LeManses, 1000S's, 1100 Sports, Daytonas, Centauros, V11 Sports, V11 LeManses, Grisos, etc., etc. You might even see some Ghezzi&Brians, MGS-01s, Quotas, Smallblocks, Loopframes, and Jackals out there too. Let's make this happen, okay?

EDIT/UPDATE: If you're interested in more details about this event as they unfold, check out/register at the SoCal-Guzzi Web Forum and respond to/monitor the following poll/thread:

http://www.socal-guzzi.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?t=630

Great Idea!

I voted for option one, but it would be conditional on Todd Eagan or one of them other class A riders being available as an instructor.

It might be nice if the Track Day fell on one of the less busy rally days.

Fridays, people show and not much happens other than alcohol consumption, Saturdays are usually the only fun day of a rally, and Sundays end up being pretty boring with everyone packing up and leaving.

If the Track Day could be on the Friday or Sunday I would be more likely to participate.

Of course this might mean taking an extra day off of work.

But I would not want to miss out on exploring the roads North of LA on Saturday or doing other fine things like sociallizing, doing dyno runs if L&L is there and test riding Grisos and other fine machines.

Maybe L&L could make it to the trackday???????

dave if you look closely at the dates of the 2008 rally...it is going to be during the weekdays tues, wed, thurs so people can have the weekends plus monday and friday to travel to and from rally and only miss/plan for one week (five vacation days) away from work or home plus less traffic in the mountain roads we plan on riding on weekdays. richr.

dave if you look closely at the dates of the 2008 rally...it is going to be during the weekdays tues, wed, thurs so people can have the weekends plus monday and friday to travel to and from rally and only miss/plan for one week (five vacation days) away from work or home plus less traffic in the mountain roads we plan on riding on weekdays. richr.

Thanks Rich!

In that case, I vote for the track day being the Tuesday or Thursday :D

Would you be willing to do an hour or two of track instruction?

That would be an incentive for me to sign up for the track.

Anyone else want to teach?

I imagine Wallace could give a pretty good class as well as Dr. Know and a few others with significant track experience.

I really need to learn how to get the bike to lean and turn so I don't get killed by my incompetance in an unexpected decreasing radius.

...if you'd like to come to Malibu, ride the Santa Monicas, do a track day at Willow Springs, and drink a lot of Grappa and beer on the beach, here's your chance to make all of that happen. It's up to you!...

At times like this I wish I'd been born the other side of the ocean...

Good luck with getting it sorted :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

At times like this I wish I'd been born the other side of the ocean...

Good luck with getting it sorted :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

Hey, you've got a year and a half to plan and save. Get started now and we'll see you in Malibu summer 2008. If you make the trip, a bike will almost certainly find you when you get here.

• 1 month later...

Damm,Ive been tossing around a Lime Rock Day(Great roller-coaster, natural road course) in my head for a while for 08.Maybe an option for right-coasters'.

:race: