Givi Tanklock Bags

7forty7 driver

Yes the base plate on the bag is adjustable. It's currently set to position the bag as far forward as it can, so that leaves around 4" of adjustment to move it back. Incidentally givi don't list the tanklock ring for the V11, however the ring is the same as a triumph tiger 1050 and speed triple.

• 1 year later...

I'm away with work at the moment, but should be back Thursday so,I'll add the pictures then.

Wondering about your aluminum ring and how tall you ended up making it... Could you get a shot of just the ring set up on the tank and a rough idea of what the width of the ring was..Thanks

I could never get the Givi tank lock system to work with the chin pad on my Sport, (without major modifications) so after experimenting with a couple of others,  I went with the strap-mount version of this:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/cortech-super-20-low-profile-tank-bag

Its perfect to hold small stuff for day trips, and fits nicely and looks like part of the bike, and not a floating blob on top of the tank.

I do use the SW-Motech tail bag, works well with the seat cowl:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-evo-cargobag-tail-bag

• 3 years later...
On 4/17/2012 at 7:25 AM, Admin Jaap said:

Put some washers or bushes between both rings, longer M6 bolts and you're ready.

Yup..I've had the Givi on a couple V-11's..If need be its not hard to shim them if your handy at all...its not like your hauling an automobile battery around in there ( I hope)

• Like 2

I've had good luck with a strap-on style bag on my Sport.  I was able to get a factory bag from a former owner.  The bag was ripped and I had to go to an upholsterer.   That was maybe 8 years ago, since it's wearing, I need to get it redone.

Anyway, just wanted to mention an alternative.  I keep tankbags, magnetic and strap-on, on all my bikes all the time; however, I've never used one of those flange mounts.