reaction rod

jakke

The reaction rod(bevel drive) of my V11 le mans was broken during riding .This reaction bar on my bike was an adjustuble one ,but I mentioned in the parts list that there are "one" piece reaction bar .(not adjustuble -fix lenght ) .

What's the best , replace the broken one by a fix lenght are go for the origninal adjustuble one ?

Grts .Jakke

The rubber bushings in the fixed length rod have been known to deteriorate and are not sold separately.

That said, mine are still intact after 89,000 miles/ almost 144.000 km.

I fitted an adjustable aftermarket one whos brand escapes me at the moment but it doesnt have the rubber isolators just rose joints on each end.

It transmits noticeable but not really annoying level of bevel box gear rattle and driveshaft slop vibration through the footpeg on a neutral throttle. The l/h footpeg suprisingly.

Ciao 

The rubber bushings in the fixed length rod have been known to deteriorate and are not sold separately.

I believe BMW use same bush , -and sold them separately.  Bush is Hostra st 1230-2834

-KG-

I fitted an adjustable aftermarket one whos brand escapes me at the moment but it doesnt have the rubber isolators just rose joints on each end.

It transmits noticeable but not really annoying level of bevel box gear rattle and driveshaft slop vibration through the footpeg on a neutral throttle. The l/h footpeg suprisingly.

Ciao

That will be the rossopuro one i think, have one fitted as well but never noticed any vibration.

• 8 years later...

It's an old topic, but here's some new information.

Wendelmotorräder in Berlin seems to be able to supply an isolation block:

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/silentbuchse-kardstrebe-v11_gu01359290-p-1037953.html

HMB-Guzzi is now HMB-Moto due to the current "push" by Piaggio to secure all and every "Guzzi" domain in the world. The links to HMB-Guzzi don't work anymore. The isolation block that was linked further up is probably this:

https://hmb-moto.de/Silentblock-Reaktionsstange-V11-alle-Modelle

I know of one instance directly where the Rossopuro torque arm broke at the frame end. In connection with that, I was informed that they are generally inclined to break. The bloke who told me that is very well informed. Anyone who has one of those installed should keep an eye on it, I think. :huh2:

• Thanks 2