DYNO GALLERY

dlaing

I bet the V11 stock crossover could be improved by reducing the crossover effect.

Something that shapes the flow like this |X| rather than a simple expansion chamber.

If we could open the Staintune to see the size of the crossover hole, we could probably learn how to do it right.

Probarbly yes.

Anders

• 4 months later...
I am thinking about buying some wholesale water pipes from this company in China http://www.liangdianup.com/tobacciana_z.htm

but I am not sure if they are legal to bring in to the states? What are the laws on water pipes, bongs, and pipes?

I know some call Guzzi's "ditch pumps" but....? :wacko::huh2::D

I bet the V11 stock crossover could be improved by reducing the crossover effect.

Something that shapes the flow like this |X| rather than a simple expansion chamber.

If we could open the Staintune to see the size of the crossover hole, we could probably learn how to do it right.

Eliminating the expansion chamber from the V11 x-over would probably help eliminate the hole in the powerband, but might result in a loss of top-end power: I think the pre-muffler is located at the correct distance for best wide open power [iirc, about 30" header length for a 8k rpm redline.]

I'm still dreaming about doing a correct 2-1-2 x-over for the V11. Based on a round pipe, that'd be about 2.5" dia for the "1", given 2" inlets & outlets for the "2"s. :)

• 4 months later...
3529867701_7347fb784f_b.jpg

First dyno run with different exhausts,ignition and carb conversion..more to come

Its a before the modification and after comparison

You need to find another dyno operator. The hp & torque lines don't cross at 5454 rpm, which means they're bogus. Sorry. :huh2:

Definitely ask for another free run from the folks that provided you w/ the nifty graph of nothing in particular. ;)

You need to find another dyno operator. The hp & torque lines don't cross at 5454 rpm, which means they're bogus. Sorry. :huh2:

Skeeve, note the units are Hp and Nm, not ft-lbs. They should cross at about 7100 rpm and torque should be twice of hp at about 3550. Looks allright to me.

If power would be given in SI system kW, they cross at 9500 rpm, by the way. You got me googling :nerd:

Definitely ask for another free run from the folks that provided you w/ the nifty graph of nothing in particular. ;)

Excuse me... :nerd:

This guy is one of the best tuners for moto guzzi, ducati, aprilia, mv agusta ,laverda ect in Holland and his workshop is full of foreign bikes as wel...

More people on this forum visit him for tuning, maintenance and adjustments..

My track bikes my MV ect are all done by this master of his trade for years..

sorry for my poor english

Skeeve, note the units are Hp and Nm, not ft-lbs. They should cross at about 7100 rpm and torque should be twice of hp at about 3550. Looks allright to me.

If power would be given in SI system kW, they cross at 9500 rpm, by the way. You got me googling :nerd:

Well, reporting it in SI would make more sense rather than the mish-mash of hp & N-m that threw me off! :lol:

[Emily Lattella]

Never miiiiiiiiiiiind....

[/Emily Lattella]

;)

This guy is one of the best tuners for moto guzzi, ducati, aprilia, mv agusta ,laverda ect in Holland and his workshop is full of foreign bikes as wel...

More people on this forum visit him for tuning, maintenance and adjustments..

My track bikes my MV ect are all done by this master of his trade for years..

sorry for my poor english

Your English is fine, far better than my Dutch! :lol:

Wasn't insulting his abilities, but he wouldn't be the first person to give the people what they want by cooking the books...

glad to know I was wrong & you're not getting taken for a ride! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Here's a dyno run I did last week. '02 Lemans with about 25k miles, factory Ti cans & ECU, FBF crossover, PCIII, K&N filter in modded airbox.

IMG_0001.jpg

The operator was very impressed with the A/F curve. A Ducati owner who just pulled his ST4 off the dyno was very impressed with the torque curve. I'm sure neither were too impressed with the hp :lol: . The Duc put out over 100hp, and the dyno operator owns a 180rwhp Honda...

Here's a run that was done by the previous owner with under 7k miles. Same map, same mods except he had the stock crossover and unmodified airbox. Different dyno and different shop than above.

IMG_0006.jpg

Based on the above I think the FBF crossover helped out the 4-5K torque dip, and the airbox mod might not have helped at all.

I had a run done with the stock ECU and a different map a while back but the results are a little suspect to me. I'll post that after I speak to the dyno operator about my concern (hp & tq curves cross at 6k rpm instead of 5252rpm).

FWIW to me the dyno runs were well worth the $40 for to see where my A/F ratio was since I've been tweaking a downloaded map for the stock ECU for a year or so. I also had him run a bunch of part throttle runs to check A/F there. Good info IMO.

The operator was very impressed with the A/F curve

I also had him run a bunch of part throttle runs to check A/F there. Good info IMO.

That is an impressing A/F curve, even flatter than John Ryland's. How was A/F on the part throttle runs? If you can post them too I would appreciate it. I have never seen one.

That is an impressing A/F curve, even flatter than John Ryland's. How was A/F on the part throttle runs? If you can post them too I would appreciate it. I have never seen one.

Here's one that was done with the stock ECU + PCIII. Again, I don't know why hp and tq curves don't cross at 5252 :huh2: . I didn't get printouts for every run, we just looked at the screen for many.

IMG_0005.jpg

• 1 month later...