3rd/4th South'n Spine Raid 2007/08

docc

Geez... he beat me to it... I was going to offer up the KTM or a complete front end off of the Eldo or Ambo (that would make such an interesting FrankenBike!!) :oldgit:

Thanks, but I got 'em back sorted. I still want to change springs and look into the Ohlins for the rear. I think I can mount the preload adjuster on the right by the seat release.

You going to east Tennessee a day early so you can stay at the Athens Super8 for a night? Who knows, ya might see Bill there trying to make the most of The Raid. :o

Seems like last year we rolled in pretty early ( mid afternoon ) and went off to the BBQ place for lunch. You should be there in time to order in pizza after the tarmac festivities have been in full swing for a while. :drink::bier::food:

Docc,

Sorry I did get your pm.I am not sure I am going to make it because of WORK!!!! I am trying and I will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks,

JJ

ROLL CALL!

We're ten days out and time to get a bead on who's coming. Not required, you can always just show up.

Leaving the Cracker Barrel on Friday morning:

99d12 and his son (Cafe Sport, Huntsville, AL)

Josh ( Spot 1100, Nashivlle,TN)

Italytn (1100 Sporti, Columbia, TN)

Mowtofo V10 Centauro, Franklin, TN)

drm 53 (V11 Sport, Crossville,TN)

nose2wind (V11 Sport, Dallas,TX)

There may be a couple non-guzzi rides tag along with us heading toward a BMWRA rallye at the Biltmore in NC.

So far the only rider I'm expecting at the other end is Bill Hagan on his Rosso NOR-geh.

Docc,

Just left v/m on your c/p to the following effect.

Am a go on the Norge, but thought I'd better confirm that this was not a "NO GURLZ ALLOWED" event. :huh::huh2:

Seriously, Kathi surprised me by saying she wanted to come along, and I said sure ... then went ... hmmmmmm.

So, we have reservations at the BW, and will see you there (unless you say NGA!) sometime that afternoon. Kathi also said she wanted to ride Deals Gap (I'm starting to worry a bit about her), so, as it's a Friday and not quite the real weekend yet, we'll probably run up US 129 from the n. Ga. mountains up thru Andrews, over the Gap, then pick up SR 72 at Tallassee, then US 411 south to old SR 68 west to Sweetwater. No guess as ETA, but don't wait BBQ for us.

Oh, as I remembered that SweetH2O is dry, I'll bring some sipping stuff of the corn and grappa varieties, along with some vino for my stemware spousal unit. Gotta love that Norge topcase. :drink:

Bill

404.808.8486(M)

There may be a couple non-guzzi rides tag along with us heading toward a BMWRA rallye at the Biltmore in NC.

One more thing ...

Re the Beemer rally, are we "attending" or just in the neighborhood?

I ask cuz of the $67 entry fee!

http://www.bmwra.org/rally.

Not that I wouldn't mind riding the Norge thru that always-ever-so-correctly attired crowd (heck, they make me, an unrepentent stiffneck, feel relaxed :D), but that's a bit steep (times 2 in my case) for the thrill. :P

I can't remember anyone ever saying or doing anything inappropriate at these rides, the joking aside. I even took my young son to Barber's with a couple of these guys with no untoward effects. Except, perhaps, that he recalls David breaks the tops of his beer bottles off while the rest us just remove the caps.

I'm sure you'll take the time to coach Kathy on the Female Presence we are accustomed to after the example set by the Super8 Queen year one. Remind her that she actually doesn't have to leave by patrol car on night two.

I'm not certain we'll actually get near the Biltmore and the RA rallye. I'd feel better if all pooled one tenth of that fee and sent it to V11leMans.com. I don't think I could otherwise bring myself to pay to park my bike and walk around rather than ride in the mountains.

I hope everyone remembers the South'n Spine Raid is not a rallye, there's no fee and only two rules.

1) Have fun

2) Don't crash

svjj said:

Docc,

Sorry I did get your pm.I am not sure I am going to make it because of WORK!!!! I am trying and I will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks,

JJ

Aww! Everyone else is developing epizootics as the week goes on. You're looking a little pale . . .

You would think as much time as Bill :pic: spends taking

pictures :D that he could change the one that shows

up with his tag! :2c:

I look forward to your humorous and truthful :vomit: account

of the great southern spine raid Bill.

Sounds like a Civil War reenactment to me :ninja:

All we need now is someone named Sherman riding with us

:rasta:

andy

I can't remember anyone ever saying or doing anything inappropriate at these rides, the joking aside. I even took my young son to Barber's with a couple of these guys with no untoward effects. Except, perhaps, that he recalls David breaks he tops of his beer bottles off while the rest us just remove the caps.

I'm sure you'll take the time to coach Kathy on the Female Presence we are accustomed to after the example set by the Super8 Queen year one. Remind her that she actually doesn't have to leave by patrol car on night two.

I'm not certain we'll actually get near the Biltmore and the RA rallye. I'd feel better if all pooled one tenth of that fee and sent it to V11leMans.com. I don't think I could otherwise bring myself to pay to park my bike and walk around rather than ride in the mountains.

I hope everyone remembers the South'n Spine Raid is not a rallye, there's no fee and only two rules.

1) Have fun

2) Don't crash

Aww! Everyone else is developing epizootics as the week goes on. You're looking a little pale . . .

Docc,

You "can't remember anyone ever saying or doing anything inappropriate at these rides."

Remember? Heck, that's why I take pics, as otherwise, I might not recall squat! :drink::D

Seriously, I did not ask to "protect" Kathi, but to ensure that a distaff-side presence might not intrude into a 'boys ride out.' :whistle:

We will see you there Friday. Because of "eldercare issues" involving my 87-YO mom (if you've been there, you know; if you haven't, I'll spare the details), we have to return late Saturday, so can't do follies that evening in Sweetwater. Sure we can pack in some fun, even in the somewhat shorter playtime.

Looking forward to it.

Bill

P.S. Andy, I'm writing a dual-biography ... one of the pair is WTS. :P And, I'll work on the avatar. :pic:

Heck, that's why I take pics, as otherwise, I might not recall squat! :drink::D

I try to avoid too many video documents so I can always fall back on Capt. Willard's line,"Sir, I am not aware of such an operation, nor would I be at liberty to discuss such an operation if it were to have existed." :glare:

I try to avoid too many video documents so I can always fall back on Capt. Willard's line,"Sir, I am not aware of such an operation, nor would I be at liberty to discuss such an operation if it were to have existed." :glare:

Well, Cap'n, you can try. But, aside from the Ram Mount I have for the camera on the Norge to document your lines (assuming I can keep up past the parking lot :race: , I'm bringing 2 gigs of flashcard memory to preserve these doings for posterity ... and your dossier at HQ's. :D

Bill

It wasn't me. I wasn't there. I have no recollection of those events. After all we all have usernames. We're a vapour. :unsure:

I can't wait to see you guys (and Kathy). Riders start arriving from out of state here in Columbia tomorrow. The Sport's all greezed and such and I am absolutely jazzed! :helmet: