Production numbers

WitchCityBallabio

In my neck of the woods, you just don't see Guzzi's that often. Does anyone have or know what the production numbers are for 2000-2005?

I'd be curious as to whether or not, other areas see Guzzi's more often (maybe just not as popular here in New England), or if indeed Guzzi just doesn't produce that many bikes.

:mg:

Doug

To give you an idea, USA imports for 2005 were 800 units.

I think the current import number is supposed to be around 1,000.

Total production in Mandelo for 2006 was 10,000 units.

Bikes like the Rosso Corsa, Nero Corsa, and Coppa Italia were imported to the USA in quantities of 50 each.

It's a rare occasion to bump into another Guzzi unless you're going to a Guzzi-specific event.

Rarer than hens teeth. :D

I've seen maybe 3 on the road in the last 2 years.

There's a lot more N.E. guys on the wild Guzzi forum.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php

We ought to get a monthly something going this season.

I'm thinking north of Worcester is a central location.

About an hour for me and some decent roads north and west.

Yeah. There is a pretty good contingent of guys in the metro D.C./Northern Virginia/Maryland area.

http://www.vaguzzi.com/

Bikes like the Rosso Corsa, Nero Corsa, and Coppa Italia were imported to the USA in quantities of 50 each.

It's a rare occasion to bump into another Guzzi unless you're going to a Guzzi-specific event.

Ahhh...now I understand why there is so small a selection (comparatively) of accessories etc. for the Guzzi's. I figured the production numbers were low, but that is even less than I thought it would be.

To my thinking, it makes the Guzzi's even more special.

Agreed.

I'd be up for that every once in a while. Not too far from my home either.

There are a handfull Guzzi owners in my neck of the woods. One guy down the street from me has a V11 Sport and a Jackal. He's hardcore. When it's 20 degrees out and I hear a bike go by the house I know who it is. :helmet: He said when he goes to euro bike night at Motomarket in Acton lots of Guzzi owners show up there. I believe he's active on the wildguzzi forum.

I found myself opposite a Coppa Italia at the only stoplight in the booming metropolis of Boxborough while riding to work one morning last summer. I considered that a rare Guzzi sighting! :P

Rocker's numbers may even be high. The dealership I work at, Moto Intl. sold I think 96 Guzzis for 2005. We were told the total in the US that year of sales was about 500. We sold 110 last year. Not all stayed in the Seattle area, but most did. Guzzis are everywhere here.

I'd be up for that every once in a while. Not too far from my home either.

Sounds good Tom. Find us a breakfast joint a little N. and E. of Wost.

We'll get some tentative dates, see who we can round up and do a 200 mi

blast out of there...could be a short blast around the Quabin or a run up 116/100

or a hundred other great rides. I don't mean to be putting it all on your shoulders ..

just if your up around that area on an early spring ride keep an eye open for a place we

can congregate, throw some coffee down our throat and saddle up by 10:00.

I bet we can get quite a few riders. I could easily end up bringing 6-8 (non Guzzi..Beemer pals)

(geeze I'm gettin' all excited) I'd want to set a lunch destination and a route and break up into

smaller groups if it works out that way. Keeps the stupidity down to a minimum. Traffic lights,

intersections, passing et al. Unless there's less than 10 of us. Just thinkin' out loud.

(I'd just print up some maps to pass out)

I could be there by 8 or 9 easy. Whd'ya think?

We'll get a seperate thread going once we get dialed in a little.

Sounds good Tom. Find us a breakfast joint a little N. and E. of Wost.

We'll get some tentative dates, see who we can round up and do a 200 mi

blast out of there...could be a short blast around the Quabin or a run up 116/100

or a hundred other great rides. I don't mean to be putting it all on your shoulders ..

just if your up around that area on an early spring ride keep an eye open for a place we

can congregate, throw some coffee down our throat and saddle up by 10:00.

I bet we can get quite a few riders. I could easily end up bringing 6-8 (non Guzzi..Beemer pals)

(geeze I'm gettin' all excited) I'd want to set a lunch destination and a route and break up into

smaller groups if it works out that way. Keeps the stupidity down to a minimum. Traffic lights,

intersections, passing et al. Unless there's less than 10 of us. Just thinkin' out loud.

(I'd just print up some maps to pass out)

I could be there by 8 or 9 easy. Whd'ya think?

We'll get a seperate thread going once we get dialed in a little.

Sounds good. I'll PM you in a month or so once I have my bike back together and the weather gets better.

Hey Mike,

I'm betting there aren't over 40 of the Nero Corsa's currently running in the States. I'll even say less than 30. Besides you and I, who's got one?

Wick

Post V11/Lemans production of 10,000 seems consistant to what I have heard from people who are in a position to know. These numbers are up from the V11/Lemans days, where total production including the 750's, and California based models, and all the variations of the basic V11 was around 8500 units. Taking that into consideration, one could surmise non limited edition V11 variants of around 600-800 units.

I'm currently trying to get actual numbers for mine, to confirm for reasons of insurance, I will be able to use a special 'collector plate' to get reduced insurance costs.

Ciao, Steve

Hey Mike,

I'm betting there aren't over 40 of the Nero Corsa's currently running in the States. I'll even say less than 30. Besides you and I, who's got one?

Wick

I know there aren't many. I've seen a few used ones on the market over the past year. Also a couple of wrecked ones.

I wish I could remember where I heard the 50 number for the RC, NC, and CI.

I know there aren't many. I've seen a few used ones on the market over the past year. Also a couple of wrecked ones.

I wish I could remember where I heard the 50 number for the RC, NC, and CI.

You, him and me make 3. I think there is one or two others (Nero's) in the V11 LeMans group. Maybe we should be the ones starting a registry instead of those Tenni guys! :grin: