New Pipes

macguzzi

Surfing around the web site and came across the dealer locations. It seems they only sell them in italy. But I'm sure if you ask them they'll mail them to you. :grin:

Hmmmm, maybe an alternet set of pipes for when I get tired of the Quat-ds.

Z

Don't know if you like these I want a pair, trying to get info but none as yet claim an increase in HP http://www.mivv.it/moto_it/news_apri.asp?cn=493

Oooh, little more volume than a straight pipe! Aaaahh, ugly too!

Almost certainly louder than tolerable at full chat, and while it may show higher peak hp (if their claim has any validity, which in itself is debatable; dyno charts, anyone?), it almost certainly gets it by giving away all the low-end tractability that make Guzzis so much fun to ride. :doh:

Thanks, I'll pass on these...

:bike:

Guest ratchethack

Oooh, little more volume than a straight pipe! Aaaahh, ugly too!

Almost certainly louder than tolerable at full chat, and while it may show higher peak hp (if their claim has any validity, which in itself is debatable; dyno charts, anyone?), it almost certainly gets it by giving away all the low-end tractability that make Guzzis so much fun to ride. :doh:

Thanks, I'll pass on these...

:bike:

Skeeve, I think you've probably got the same take on cans as I do. Ever wonder why it is that more "local" guys don't fab these things up -- nice re-packable, modular ones that'd be optimized f'er the Guzzi powerband? Seems to me there's a horrendous markup on 'em. How hard could it be to whip out a few runs as needed with healthy margin at about half the price of the "big's"?? :huh2:

I'd be interested to hear of any user experiences with these. Still hoping to find a setup that won't scrape.

There's a member here, Geruguzzi, who was also looking for a system that didn't scrape on the track a while back. He ran his V11 at Daytona this year and posted some pics of his bike with what looks like a custom system here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=115813

You might want to contact him to see where he got it if you're at all interested.

Skeeve, I think you've probably got the same take on cans as I do. Ever wonder why it is that more "local" guys don't fab these things up -- nice re-packable, modular ones that'd be optimized f'er the Guzzi powerband? Seems to me there's a horrendous markup on 'em. How hard could it be to whip out a few runs as needed with healthy margin at about half the price of the "big's"?? :huh2:

Right on there, Ratch': I've considered going over to Dynaflow [they're headqtr'd. here behind the Orange Curtain] & seeing about getting something that would fit inside the stock Guzzi covers [ie, same mounting points, profile, etc] made up. Naturally, the numbers for pitching this as a product for Guzzis, even if exported, are far too small to get anything but derisive laughter out of them, but maybe if I pitched it as a product targeted at the classic Bug owner who must (or just wants to) replace the boat anchor stock exhaust on one of those, we might get somewhere! Whaddaya think? Is it worth a try?.. If it worked, I figure it wouldn't be difficult to save a kilo per can and get better flow at a minimal increase in decibels, all the while flying below the CARB & EPA radar... ;)

Ride on,

:mg:

Guest ratchethack

Right on there, Ratch': I've considered going over to Dynaflow [they're headqtr'd. here behind the Orange Curtain] & seeing about getting something that would fit inside the stock Guzzi covers [ie, same mounting points, profile, etc] made up. . .

Skeeve, are you by any chance referring to The County of Orange?! ;)

Whaddaya think? Is it worth a try?.. If it worked, I figure it wouldn't be difficult to save a kilo per can and get better flow at a minimal increase in decibels, all the while flying below the CARB & EPA radar... ;)

. . .

Hey, I haven't looked or asked around, but I think there ought to be guys making some kinda business out of this on volume mufflers who wouldn't mind doing a "one-off" design for a set for a Guzzi. Wot am I missing?

Maybe I need an education on this?? How much harder could it be to build 'em than it looks?? :huh2:

• 2 months later...

Ordered these today after many attempts, caprimoto were the guys who could supply at a decent price will tell you how I get on next week, these silencers are seriously light compared to stock will post a wave file for you sound nuts

Skeeve, are you by any chance referring to The County of Orange?! ;)

I believe *that's* in NYu Ork state: I'm talkin' 'bout the home of Didneylan'! ;-)

Hey, I haven't looked or asked around, but I think there ought to be guys making some kinda business out of this on volume mufflers who wouldn't mind doing a "one-off" design for a set for a Guzzi. Wot am I missing?

Maybe I need an education on this?? How much harder could it be to build 'em than it looks?? :huh2:

Not very much harder to build than it looks: you just need the correct jigs and the right machinery [slip roll rated for 14ga stainless is going to set you back about $500 or more for a cheap HF "Chin brand Alpha" imitation of quality machinery] & some stainless wire & argon for your wire welder. Oh, & already be in biz ordering your stainless sheet in large lots [for the co$t $aving$...]

The drawback is the jigs/fixturing. By the time you get done building that, whipping'em out is pretty quick. But unless you've got unlimited storage [eg: movie studio prop yards warehousing stuff going back to the '20s], nobody wants to make up the jig for a low-volume-never-gonna-get-more-than-a-dozen-orders-a-year project... :huh2:

Now me, if I had the time, materials & machinery already, I'd just do it for the experience, but I'm full of blue sky projects that way... :grin:

Well my new pipes are on the back of a UPS truck, got an email from caprimoto to say they were awaiting delivery from manufacturer, at this time of year you can only guess what I thought HOLIDAY FEVER

what holiday? did I miss something? you mean how like half of europe seems to just go on vacation for the summer while us merryicans keep working 50hrs a week? :huh2:

I'm not bitter, just jealous. I wish I could get a holiday.