Stands and knobs

Guest John Y

Guest John Y

Does anyone know of a centrestand option for the V11? I know that a kit was available for the Sport 1100 (from Teo Lamers I think) but haven't seen anything for my LeMans. Failing that I'll buy a workshop stand but here in Australia I can't get a genuine Guzzi one, only the 'universal' type that requires pick up knobs on the swingarm (the only other style pushes up against the bottom of the swingarm, which would damage the plastic trim pieces behind the hugger at the ends of the swingarm and I don't want to break or remove them). The only place I can see that pick up knobs could be fitted is at the existing bolts which attach the rear of the hugger to the swingarm - does anyone have an opinion on enlarging these holes to take the bigger bolts for the pick up knobs? The swingarm is steel and seems plenty strong, but would such a procedure be wise?? Any alternative suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

I have a paddock stand I bought from Agostini

SPPORTO_s.jpg

A must have for serious maintenance.

Payed 93 euros + shipping.

Something like this would be nice to have:

mc_lyft.jpg

I think will buy one this autumn, it costs about 300 euros.

This one is made by a local workshop but I'm sure similar

things must be available in Oz too.

Try, MG Cycle:

MG Cycle V11 Accessories - work stand is at the bottom

I have no idea if the threaded inserts in the swingarm could support "spools" or "knobs" for use with universal rear pit stands. My observation is that they are quite loosely pressed into the arm, as after I removed my hugger and replaced the bolts into the inserts, two of the inserts spun in their holes. ...so dunno...

In regards to the "universal" hydraulic motorcycle lift pictured above, they have them here in the States for about $150, but after talking to several Guzzi guys online, it was recommended that I not try this type of stand with the V11 as the oil-pan isn't strong enough... unless you made a special jig to distribute the weight differently.

I haven't tested this theory, so YMMV... but just something to think about.

al