New here....

alanp

Hi all,

This is my first post. I currently ride an 1977 Lemans and a 2007 Norge. A friend has a nice (only 1400 miles) Nero Corsa that I think he may decide to sell, and I have asked to be first in line if he does.

I am not that familiar with the V11 bikes except to know that they are some of the best looking and sounding machines on the road! I have heard some misc. info such as "Tenni's and Scuras have single plate clutches", "Scura's have aluminum flywheels", that sort of thing. What I would like to know is what differentiates the varius V11 models. Also, what things should I look for on the Nero Corsa before buying it? What, if anything , should I be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Alanp,

I just bought a '04 Nero myself, with 5K, now over 7K two monthes later. Can't rave enough about it. The Nero and Rosso Corsa's, Coppa Italias, Cafe Sports And Scuras have Ohlins Suspension. This would be the biggest difference between those and other v11 models, IMHO. The most significant changes in models occurred between '02 to '03 and later, look in FAQ's for a good start. After that, it's your preferences, with the model as a base. You can change seats, pegs, bars, whatever. I leave mine as it came as far as that stuff, my upgrades are in the "Go Faster" catagory... :notworthy::mg::wub:

Problems: Broke speedo cable, New Part # fixed that, JUST found my front cross over pipe is loose, will fix it. Side stand safety switch was funny, cleaning it well and lube totally fixed it, stay on front driveshaft greasing as it is exposed. Nothing has been that bad, and it is such a fun bike, and the Nero IS STUNNING!... :bier: Happy Looking, this is a great site to lose HOURS on. S.H.guzzi_16.jpg

Hi all,

This is my first post. I currently ride an 1977 Lemans and a 2007 Norge. A friend has a nice (only 1400 miles) Nero Corsa that I think he may decide to sell, and I have asked to be first in line if he does.

What, if anything , should I be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes, you should be concerned: you're ill. It's a disease we all have. There is no cure. Indiscriminate buying of Moto Guzzis as and when they become available is a form of mental illness, currently being researched by the finest medical minds. So there is truly no hope. Welcome to the sanatorium, I mean forum.