Hollow front axle?

Guest Jaap

Excellent, so from your photos is does appear that the dimensions stock fender will indeed fit.

The Ohlins for the MG that we have has the back eyelet above the caliper already, so that's not going to be a problem. However, I the front will be, and I'm glad to see that you were able to make a bracket from the two front mounted fasteners to the single eyelet further up the front and perpendicular to the fork. :thumbsup:

This makes life much easier and less expensive :luigi:

al

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking about the brakes bracket so a little picture of what the guy made for me Here

And by the way the special triple clamp made for the 58 mm diameter of the ohlins superbike fork One , Two & Three

Fork will be back on the frame this tuesday :bike:

So Jaap,

...you have your Ohlins installed yet? Did everything line up as expected?

I still haven't heard back from that fella you bought yours from though. We exchanged emails back in late July, then "poof"... nothing else. He said it would be a week or so due to the coming holidays, but :huh2:

...maybe the Italian August holiday isn't quite over yet :P I'll give him a couple more days into early September and ping him again.

al

Hi Al,

Didn't find time to install the fork yet. I'll wait untill I have the rest of the parts (Cafe Sport handlebar, Scura fender, Power Commander) Then I'll first rearrange my garage to get some proper workspace. I have time, my next ridetest will be in November, so...

• 2 weeks later...

Jaap/Paul,

Have you two tracked down the correct axle, bearings, etc. from MG, Ducati, et al.... that will go into the 2002 LeMans front wheel to allow using the Ohlins forks we've bought?

In theory I should have mine from Polen in a couple weeks, so I'd like to start tracking down all the parts necessary to get them mounted once I have them in-hand :luigi:

thx!

al

...yeah, I wonder if it's just as easy as calling Moto International(TLM in Seattle) and telling them that I need the bearings, axle, and any other spacers as would be on a Rosso Corsa or Scura?? Those guys seem pretty knowledgeable. Or I could ping TLM as well, they seem to know their stuff too.

al

I did my homework:

Aprilia axles are to short only 250mm.

Ducati axles are 25,9 cm long, that's good.

The older ones ( 916/998) have the 30mm piece 64mm long, the 749/999 have that 30mm piece 57mm long, and that's just right.

The 998 one costs 60 euro's at the dealer, so the 999 shouldn't be a big difference.

The bearings have the number 6502-2rsi, same as one side you allready have, but put 2 new ones in. The you need a spacer from 15mm on one side with a hole from 25mm in it, for one side of the wheel. Then you need a spacer between the bearings, 104mm long with an 25mm hole in it.

The combined speedo/tacho is from moto special, Jean Marc has one with the injection electronics integrated.

ohlins1.jpg

Why all the Ducati and custom-made parts? Is this the least expensive route, or will the Guzzi parts from the Rosso Corsa/Scura front end not work?

Shouldn't I just be able to get the axle for a Scura/Rosso Corsa and the spacers/bearings for that and change the guts out in my 2002 front wheel?

I was under the impression that these forks were the same as on the Rosso Corsa, so they theoretically should just bolt right on to my 2002 LeMans with the Rosso Corsa front wheel guts???

...or am I mistaken?

al