2008 MGNOC National SoCal, USA

RacerX

Epic Guzzi National Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming?

• Wouldn't miss it, even if on 4 wheels
    • Love to, but it's too far for me
    • Just simply can't make it

Taking the Tenni on the track sounds like fun. I think I'll sign up. Will there be a suspension guy there? I'd like to get mine dialed in correctly.

Oh Boy, another guy who can't sleep in late!

Somehow l'm going to HAVE to get to this!.....2 Tenni's on a race track.. :race: ...too cool!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somehow l'm going to HAVE to get to this!.....2 Tenni's on a race track.. :race: ...too cool!

Van, if you make it, it'll be three that I know of at this minute. Our local dealer (owner) just bought #137, and said he will be there. It will be his first ever track day.

There's a few more Tenni's in the Southwest that I am aware of, who I'm sure would attend if they hear others will be too. If nothing else, I'm going to encourage many to attend, if only to spectate and tire kick. Should be a GREAT day, with arguably/likely the most Guzzis on a track at one time, ever.

Van, if you make it, it'll be three that I know of at this minute. Our local dealer (owner) just bought #137, and said he will be there. It will be his first ever track day.

There's a few more Tenni's in the Southwest that I am aware of, who I'm sure would attend if they hear others will be too. If nothing else, I'm going to encourage many to attend, if only to spectate and tire kick. Should be a GREAT day, with arguably/likely the most Guzzis on a track at one time, ever.

We'll have to get all the Tennis to pit together. What an historic sight and sound this event will be. :D I hope someone who knows videography will be there to document it.

Taking the Tenni on the track sounds like fun. I think I'll sign up. Will there be a suspension guy there? I'd like to get mine dialed in correctly.

Ok, so l got the boss's :P approval!

now, all l got'a do is figure out the rest, but as at this momment l'm ON !!

l'll register tomorrow (paypal details etc)

So Al, whats your trip schedule and your dates etc.

l'm just starting to put this together.

l'm not really crazy about freeway/slab and lots'a traffic being the country boy that l am, hwy 1 has always sounded Soooooo cool to me

anyway be in touch and let me know your schedule/route plans so that we might hook up

that "flight" of Tennis going down some tasty peice of highway has huge appeal

Cheers

van

We'll have to get all the Tennis to pit together. What an historic sight and sound this event will be. :D I hope someone who knows videography will be there to document it.

Where I live, is the epicenter of such profession. ;)

There will be a handful of us there with hi-def cameras (on bike too!), and we'll likely produce something to offer up, post event.

Just spread the word, and let's make this the best event to date.

• 2 weeks later...

The campground is now booked solid. If you were hoping to bring anything other then a bike, you're too late. Of course we will accomodate all who are riding in and will be camping.

Also, we're @15 days out from the price increase on Mar. 1; http://www.socal-guzzi.com/2008NationalRegister.html

Be sure to read up on the "Relay to the Rally" here; http://www.nationalguzzirelay.com/

Come ride this road, and many like it;

SCGN08-72.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest SoCalDon

Guys, I am a dyed in the wool Tonti guy who admittedly proclaim that the V11 Lemans & variants are the peak of Guzzi aesthetic.

I hope to see a bunch of you at the national.

Say what you will about LA, but there are guys on old Guzzi's that rock those twisty mountain roads.

Come out and show um what you're working with.

Any word on the track day after the rally? I haven't found a place to sign up on any of the boards I frequent.

Hi Al !!

I just followed the thread that Racer-X has on this site...(see above)

sent him the $$ for the :mg: rally and the $$ for the track day at the same time on pay-pal :thumbsup:, easy...

just get hold of Racer X

I plan on arriving on the Tues. or Wens. and finding that everything will be just fine....meeting a great crowd, and playing on the roads in the area..

then arriving at the track on Fri. and having a fun track :race: day, learning alot about riding the :sun: Tenni :wub: and setting up the bike :luigi: ( any help, hints, advise, will be greatfully received)

thats the plan.

Cheers

Van

Any word on the track day after the rally? I haven't found a place to sign up on any of the boards I frequent.

Ahhh... yep, finally do!

The National Guzzi-Only Track day is at the Streets of Willow, Friday June 27th. Rally participants get the day for $95. PM/e-mail me for the code. All other Guzzisti reading this site, get the day for $125 -- use code EURO. To register CLICK HERE. Register now to keep this an ALL GUZZI day. Otherwise, it gets opened up to other Euro brands.

Mucho gracias to drknow/Veloce Track Days for handling the logisitics.

If you don't think you should try it, there's no better way to have more fun on your Guzzi. Trust me, just do it... you won't regret it. Promise.

Ahhh... yep, finally do!

The National Guzzi-Only Track day is at the Streets of Willow, Friday June 27th. Rally participants get the day for $95. PM/e-mail me for the code. All other Guzzisti reading this site, get the day for $125 -- use code EURO. To register CLICK HERE. Register now to keep this an ALL GUZZI day. Otherwise, it gets opened up to other Euro brands.

Mucho gracias to drknow/Veloce Track Days for handling the logisitics.

If you don't think you should try it, there's no better way to have more fun on your Guzzi. Trust me, just do it... you won't regret it. Promise.

I am registered for the rally, can you pm me the discount code? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I am paid up and will be attending!

Since I am coming from VA, I am hoping to be in the running for the Longest Mile (on a V11) Award :P Should be close, as long as nobody is riding out from Maine or Nova Scotia, etc... On the current planned route, I would be putting on just shy of 4,000 miles on the trip out there, unless I get pressed for time, then it will be closer to 3,000 miles.

See y'all there!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so the time to ride south is fast approaching. what all will there be to......

ride?... :race: ............Sunset, Laurel Canyon, Mulholland, Mt. Palomar ?

see?..... :rasta: ...........Sunset, Venice Beach?

eat/drink be merry?... :food: ... :drink: ..........a must have meal

experience?.....Jazz, and Blues clubs that can't be missed, The total /ultimate So-Cal experience? :huh2:

I figure that since I'm making this pilgramige to the holy grail of North American Kulture I should get to do, see, and experience as much as posible.....and being the voyuer that I am, I'm looking to check it out without getting my hands too dirty, it's got to be safe for my beloved :wub: Tenni #125 :sun: after all

what am I into ??? .......Cars, Bikes, unusual stuff thats unique to that neck of the woods, big fast piston aircraft, cool, traditional (Brubeck)style jazz, Blues (Johny Winter etc.) cool Samba..not hip-hop

Cheers

Van