Bike Week, Daytona Beach Florida

Guest NotRight

Guest NotRight

I haven't seen any posts about Bike Week yet. Is anyone going? Wasn't there some events with Moto Guzzis last year?

I'd love to go. I quit my job, have the time and could make it a reality if I don't spend too much. I was thinking of riding but we've had such a bad winter my V11 is snowed in a garage and I don't have time to prep it and probably couldn't ride out of Chicago.

So maybe flying down and renting a motorcycle and rolling around Florida? I have a possible new romantic interest I've been involved with online and we'd both like to meet in person. That is another reason to spend a week or so in Florida. Anyone ever hear of an outfit that rents Guzzis? I guess something different wouldn't be unbearable, but it certainly wouldn't be as romantic.

I'm serious about going so if I'm totally clueless here and haven't seen the correct thread let me know. It starts Feb 29.

Tha antique bike auction in Deland is pretty neat. Cole slaw wrestling at Slobotnik's cabbage patch is something that you won't see anywhere else in the world. Try not to miss the Rat's Hole bike show on the boardwalk - there is usually some really neat machinery there.

Renting a bike might be tough. Harley has them but I would suspect a high demand that week. There is a large BMW dealer in Daytona also but I don't think that they rent.

It will be hard not to have a good time and you won't believe how many motorcycles are running around everywhere and at any hour.

Have a great time! :bier::bier:

Do you have a car or truck that can pull a trailer? If so get your bike ready, rent a trailer from uhaul and trailer it there. That has to be easier than finding a bike to rent at this late date.

I wonder if a V11 would fit in a mini van rental with the seats removed?

Do you have a car or truck that can pull a trailer? If so get your bike ready, rent a trailer from uhaul and trailer it there. That has to be easier than finding a bike to rent at this late date.

I wonder if a V11 would fit in a mini van rental with the seats removed?

I have first hand knowledge that a Jackal will fit in a Toyota Previa minivan.

Guest NotRight

Well now I like how you guys think around here! I suppose my creativity has been stunted by one of the harder winters I've gone through in a long time. Even if I can't get my bike down there I am still excited to go see it.... Cole Slaw wrestling??? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Besides, one of the reasons I quit my job was to start living more a life that I want and can enjoy as much as possible.

The girl that I am involved with lives in Sarasota somewhere so I could check if a harley rental from there would be too $$$ but anyway it will still be fun to be in the sun, and surrounded by motorcycles...........in fact that image is almost making me feel high, I bet my head would spin off in happiness.

Renting a bike might be tough. Harley has them but I would suspect a high demand that week. There is a large BMW dealer in Daytona also but I don't think that they rent.

That's what I was thinking. I doubt there would be a Harley or anything else available for rent in the entire state.

Even renting a car might be difficult.

You might try flying into Orlando and renting a car there. Next best might be Tampa.

If you're a baseball fan, you might look into spring training games. I went about 20 years ago and saw the Pirates play in a small stadium reminiscent of a small Wrigley Field. With the big business baseball has become though, I suspect most teams have moved to big, fancy, characterless ball parks.

If you don't mind coming over to the DARK SIDE, you can borrow my Scura. I have a new Rune (2004, with ZERO miles http://powersports.honda.com/rune/) and will most likely be riding it this year. I live over on the OTHER SIDE of the state from Sarasota about 45 min north of Daytona. PM if you want.